Project Coordinator - Construction Programme
We are looking for a competent Project Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and programme coordination tasks. Your key responsibility will be the maintenance of a robust programme plan and RAID log. This role will report to the programme manager to help ensure the outputs and outcomes are achieved to time, cost and quality. The role will suit an individual who is a team player, has good people and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail. This is a key position of responsibility and your success in this role will be central to the success of the programme.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research and knowledge generation.
The role of the Project Coordinator will be to:
- Assisting the Programme Manager, Programme Technical Lead and project teams with all aspects of programme/project management and delivery, including providing consistent communications on project status
- Filtering and reporting on programme metrics (progress, milestones, resources, risks, budgets etc.) through liaising with project teams and interrogating internal systems
- Support the administration and documentation of delivery frameworks, stage reviews and change control
- Organising, attending and facilitating programme/project meetings alongside the Programme Manager, tracking actions and ensuring all documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Developing and operating appropriate business processes/tools to assist with programme and project management
- Create a more effective programme delivery by eliminating wasteful practices and improving efficiency
- Support the compilation of a programme baseline in MS projects
- Support the management of a RAID log
- Support implementation of policies and practices
- Manage the compilation of period reviews, period reports and status dashboard from project technical teams
- Support project and programme review meetings
Skills and Experience
The candidate should:
- Be proficient in MS Office particularly MS Project
- Have good knowledge and practical experience of Project Management methods
- Relevant qualifications (APMP, Prince 2)
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess exceptional organisational skills and can prioritise tasks in an advantageous order
- Familiarity with working in a fluid, multi-cultural environment
- Ideally have worked in the construction industry
- Have a strong attention to detail and be a proactive self-starter
- Have good written and spoken communication skills.
Location of Role
- You will be based in BRE in Watford
- Please note this is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Job Type: Contract
- Prince2 (Required)