Scheme Project Manager
As a Scheme Project Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager in the delivery of the Anglia Renewals and Enhancements Portfolio, which is a £500+m collection of Bridge/Earthwork/Building Renewals and Station/Capacity Enhancements across the Anglia Region.
You will be working on:
- Structures strengthening, replacements, and repairs
- Earthworks development, design and delivery
- Buildings project such as Liverpool St Station Roof replacement
- Enhancements: (for example)
- Felixstowe Capacity Enhancement scheme, where all key disciplines from Signalling, Civil Engineering, Permanent Way, Telecommunications and Overhead Line are being undertaken in a single project.
What you will do:
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
Your experience will include:
Throughout the Anglia portfolio there are numerous multi-disciplinary projects at various GRIP stages - this role is focus is in GRIP stage 4-8, but not limited to, and the role will also need to illustrate an understanding of early GRIP stage development to identify and manage risks in a delivery transition.
You will need to be:
- Putting safety first to ensure that everyone gets home safe every day.
- A team player, committed to working collaboratively with the team. Anglia made up of NR (IP/Sponsor), a Principle Contractor and/or a Design Partner. Working as one collaborative team is vital to the project's success.
- Energetic with superb communication skills and an ability to get things done. Not being afraid to ask questions; meeting new people frequently & using you own initiatives are also important qualities.
- A proven track record in delivering all tasks, from project conception through proficient project close out GRIP stage 8, including taking responsibility for and leading on your schemes, ensuring that milestones/deadlines are met and targets exceeded. Owning your programme & motivating others to exceed their part in it.
- Able to thrive in a stressful environment with a can-do attitude. Workloads vary throughout the year and so an ability to adapt to this is also important.
- Able to think creatively & challenge the status quo when necessary to deliver in difficult circumstance.
- Experienced in contract administration to NR suites of contracts, including NEC3.
- Line Management experience, proactive leadership actively developing and motivating the team & individuals including performance management.
- Required to have strong organisational skills and able to take the lead in setting meeting agendas, liaising with attendees and chairing effective meetings
- Prior development & delivery experience (GRIP1-8) on projects
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
- A degree or equivalent.
What you'll get in return:
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From the rejuvenation of King's Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europe's largest civil engineering project - Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users' right across Britain. In Infrastructure Projects Southern (IP Southern), we have some of the busiest passenger railway in the country to renew and enhance. Our three client routes, Anglia, South East and Wessex all have huge programmes of investment taking place with an annual spend in the region of £0.7bn and an overall control period spend of £3bn. We understand that to deliver great performance we need to work collaboratively and with our clients and the supply chain, deliver our business plans together with an outstanding Safety Performance. We are committed to providing a welcoming and diverse culture that ensures that we get the best from our people and teams. We are all here to play our part in fulfilling the Network Rail vision of a better railway for a better Britain.
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client:
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.