M&E Project Manager
Our client is soon starting the delivery of a very pharmaceutical processing project based in South Wales and therefore, they require a Mechanically biased project Manager for a 12-month contract.
The role will involve working alongside the M&E Contractor, M&E Sub Contractors and the M&E design consultancy. The work will be carried out in accordance with the design/spec or employers' requirements and ensuring all mechanical and electrical installation is carried out to the highest standard.
This role is technically challenging and will involve overseeing work within heat, cooling and power security of supply within a complex existing mechanical and electrical infrastructure. Measures include a large energy centre refit, lighting re-fits, HVAC modifications, solar PV, controls optimisations etc.
You will be in charge of managing pre-construction duties, trouble-shooting design issues with technical support, working with the senior commercial team in appointing the specialist M&E subcontractors, developing and managing the construction site teams and managing works effectively through the construction stages to commissioning and final handover to the Operations team.
Desirable skills and competencies:
- M&E site management experience ideally in pharmasutical construction work (new build or refurb)
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- An inspirational manager that can get the best out of individuals and teams. Can build consensus, work in a matrix structure, deliver performance and outcomes, and drive the professional and personal development of team members.