Project Controls Manager
Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to provide to their customers. Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Due to the strengthening of project control capability, we are interested in those with diverse backgrounds who can apply their skills in highly complex engineering programme delivery environments. People who have expertise in leading both Project Planning and Project Controls Teams will be particularly valued.
The Project Controls Manager will be fully accountable for integrated project controls delivery including cost, schedule and risk for their appointed scope of work. You will deliver earned value management reporting, and other analysis and reports, to the Project Management Team, working with them to ensure the right decisions are made to drive programme performance. The Project Controls Manager will be a critical part of the project team, providing insights and guidance for proactive decision making as well as acting as an independent conscience for their project. You will:
- Lead and develop a team of project controls professionals and support/challenge the wider project community.
- Develop and manage an integrated, accurate and timely control solution across all levels of the project scope of work, controlling a significant project budget.
- Manage the process and promote continuous improvement in order to deliver to safety, cost, quality and schedule targets.
- Co-ordinate and work with the key stakeholders required to support the project controls service with the main objective of improving project performance in line with customer expectation.
- Identify and counteract any future risks and threats to project delivery.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their understanding of Planning, Monitoring and Control (PM&C) within a similar programme setting. You will have:
- Extensive knowledge of a range of PM&C methodologies and toolsets, and the requisite governance and problem solving expertise.
- Experience of successfully influencing and building relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong functional knowledge and ability to capture, evaluate and share good practice.
- Commercial understanding and strong influencing and negotiating skills in order to achieve optimum solutions with the wider team and other functions/disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of how the team integrates with other teams in order to achieve objectives in a wider business context.
- Responsibility for leading, coaching and motivating members of the team.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Relevant Professional Qualifications.
This role offers an excellent base salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/70656
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will receive an automated response.
In line with GDPR, we ask that you do NOT send us any information that can identify children or any of your Sensitive Personal Data (racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation, genetic and / or biometric data) in your CV and application documentation. Following this notice, any inclusion of your Sensitive Personal Data in your CV/application documentation will be understood by us as your express consent to process this information going forward. Please also remember to not mention anyone’s information or details (e.g. referees) who have not previously agreed to their inclusion.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this advert please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920
M: +44 7793 529 579