Jr. Project Manager
We are seeking a Jr. Project Manager to join our team at the Conroe, TX location. The purpose of this position is to develop improvement projects aligned with business strategies and Operational Excellence priorities. Establish and maintain performance metrics to measure projects success across the organization. Utilize Value Stream Mapping, Lean, Six Sigma and change management methodologies and have appropriate levels of certification for the role.
- Implement process improvement projects in different areas across the organization.
- Prepares process documentation including standard work process, and manufacturing instructions and process specifications in a visual format.
- Develop complete understanding and application of continuous improvement principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Use data to improve policies and document procedures and processes.
- Contributes to the completion of more complex process improvement projects.
- Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Process mapping for improving process efficiencies
- Verify, capture and report on progress, materials, safety and quality and issues
- Learn to effectively develop and manage a Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Lean methodologies
- Project responsibility will include Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Costing, Pricing, Administration, Marketing, Service Management, and Customer Service.
- Responsible for managing small to medium process improvement projects.
- Performs project manager functions to include scope, schedule, and budget that cross departments and business units.
- Coordinate project activities, which would include the documentation of project scope, tasks and dependencies, identified the creation and update of project schedules, the creation and follow up on communication plans.
- Develops and tracks process metrics. Reports and presents performance metrics and project status to manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited University.
- Background in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills desired
- Basic concepts and principles in project management subjects or disciplines
- Good Microsoft office suite software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership, interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Action oriented, able to size up opportunities, support improvement workshops
- Project management skills
- Able to demonstrate through experience core values such as Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence and Integrity.
- Certificates and Licenses: Six Sigma Green Belt accreditation must be obtained, ideally within 2 years.
What we offer:
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical/dental/vision, basic and voluntary life insurance, 401k retirement savings, paid vacation/personal days, 10 paid holidays, company vehicle and opportunities to give back to the communities we work in.
To apply for this position, please submit your Application via this link no later than February 28, 2019.