Project Management Graduate Scheme
Project Management is key to Taylor Wimpey's aim to create a platform for continuous improvement within the business. The project management graduate programme aims to support this and Taylor Wimpey's wider plan to introduce best practice project management and establish 'one way of working' across Taylor Wimpey. Each graduate will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions and office locations to gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, support functions and how Taylor Wimpey delivers one of the most successful business models in the industry. The aim of the scheme is to place graduates into permanent positions within project management at the end of the 2 year programme.
- In the first year, successful candidates will rotate across all areas of the business spending time in; production, commercial, technical, sales and marketing, customer service, land, finance and project management.
- In the second year, you’ll start working on one of our many business projects and be based in one location within your division.
- You will be placed in a designated geographical division within a number of different offices to give you an insight into how the business operates from different locations.
- You all attend a five day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the two year programme whilst getting the chance to meet other graduates in your cohort.
- At the end of each business rotation, you will be given a full review of your performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of your development.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and you will be supported in achieving professional and/or other appropriate qualifications if required.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ that provide ongoing development support over two years. They are designed to improve, amongst other things, your commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- You will also work on different projects during the two years, alongside your fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the two year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.