Project Officer - Learn (Education) Breakthrough
We are currently recruiting for a Project Officer to help us ensure that we achieve our Learn breakthrough: that all children enjoy access to a good basic quality education.
In this key role you will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management and administrative support to the Learn Breakthrough team, and the wider Program Quality and Impact team. You will engage with senior colleagues across the movement and drive forward projects, plans and cross-organisational initiatives. This includes supporting the development and rollout of our 'Common Approaches' and the upcoming 2019-2021 Program Quality and Impact workplan.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with energy, commitment, and talent, to help ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalised and vulnerable children.
In order to be successful you will also have/bring:
- Some experience of managing project activities, of following through to ensure progress and deadlines, preferably in an international NGO environment
- Experience of dealing with complex events and international travel arrangements
- Strong planning/anticipation skills. Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience in coordinating and tracking spend/budgets
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a pro-active approach to problem solving working closely with both the senior colleagues as required and offering solutions as appropriate.
- Self- motivated and ability to work autonomously
This role is offered on the basis of an initial 12 month fixed term contract and a salary of c£28Kpa. Benefits include a company pension scheme, life assurance and 30 days annual leave.
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.