Senior Project Manager/Associate
Our client, Queensborough Project Management (QPM), is part of PDSI group of companies and has been providing client facing Project Management and related services in construction and property for 30 years. They are an independent privately-owned construction consultancy. They offer an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious energetic experienced project manager.
The business prides itself on ‘service excellence’ by providing focussed and innovative solutions to its clients frequently complex scenarios.
The company has ambitious plans for growth built around an existing order book and is looking for energetic and experienced, personable problem solver to help build and lead a small team with potential for Directorship.
You will need to demonstrate that you have the experience and technical knowledge for such an important leadership position.
You will be expected to assist with the leadership in promoting the business, managing and administering projects with hands-on client assignments and deliverables professionally and diligently.
You will need to have the qualities too:
- Manage key assignments ‘handson’ as requirements dictate to suit clients and business demands.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s growth plans as directed by the Board.
- Direct and control all employees and contractors/consultants to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop and grow project management and related services.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the service delivery functions achieve their business objectives.
- Direct and control the service delivery to ensure that the product is of the required standard and are available to customers within agreed costs and at the right times.
- Contribute to the development or updating of existing service procedures/controls and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment is maintained at all times.
- Build a positive working relationship with colleagues and consultants to ensure the effective coordination of all company activities.
- This is a ‘hands-on’ role and as a small business senior management are required to be flexible and adapt to changing business needs.
- Adapt and deal with situations that occur outside not listed above.
You will be an articulate, experienced individual with a proven track record, capable of working on their own initiative and able to work effectively as part of a team or project leader.
Membership of industry professional association such as RICS, CIOB, RIBA or ICE and APM preferred but high-quality nonmembers with good experience and drive will be considered.
The candidates will initially be based at their offices in Waterloo, London but will be expected to travel from time-to-time.
Desired Skills and Experience appropriate to seniority
- Project team leader
- Handle one or more concurrent assignments depending on circumstances
- Procurement advise and options
- Pro-active team player and self-starter
- Construction knowledge and track record
- Contract strategies and understanding of contract options
- Planning software experience would be an advantage
- Principles of risk management and value engineering
- Articulate clear report writing
- PM, CA and EA experience.
- The full spectrum of project delivery from concept to delivery and close out
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with industry standard Contracts
They will offer - depending on seniority
- A friendly, supportive, sociable and welcoming team
- They will openly encourage personal initiative and ambition and career development
- An agile, modern, forward thinking company built around the strength of the leadershipteam
- An excellent remuneration package including; salary, discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, health cover, and other benefits.
If you think you would like to work with us and can match or exceed requirements, please get in touch. They look forward to hearing from you.
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on Experiences) GBP/annual.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV
good to go
Job Type: Permanent