Project Manager (Operations And Oversight) (Interim)
- Job Title: Project Manager (Operations And Oversight) (Interim)- RBKC - REF 5084242
- Maximum Pay Rate: £500 per day
- Location: London
- Contract Length: 8 Feb 2019t to 28 Jun 2019
- IR35: Inside IR35
The post holder is responsible for leading, developing and project managing change projects based in Environment and Communities but operating across all council departments and external stakeholders to coordinate activities and resources to ensure that strategic objectives are met and change is successfully delivered.
Key organisational links will be:
- External strategic partners, such as statutory agencies, RA’s and Cultural Institutions
- Corporate directorates
- Key executive directors and directors across E&C, property and public health
- Corporate services such as HR, Corporate IT, Corporate Finance, and Information Governance
The Project Manager role will be responsible for identifying, developing and project managing change projects across multiple services and agencies in order to redesign services to improve the lives of residents including those affected by the Grenfell tragedy. The role will cover all channels of delivery and span a wide breadth of Council services. The post holder will have a particular role in developing and delivering a highly effective specialist support function for Environment and Communities. Key functions of the role include:
- To lead on transformation and service improvement projects; ensuring projects deliver the required outputs within specified criteria and that change is embedded with benefits realised.
- To manage a complex mix of Council-wide and departmental projects and initiatives as well as specialist departmental support in change, communication and performance monitoring.
- To work collaboratively with services to understand their requirements and to identify and communicate successfully the most effective ways to respond to those requirements, securing buy-in from senior managers and working with them throughout the change life cycle to ensure that outputs are delivered to time and services are supported to deliver outcomes for residents.
- To ensure that change is managed effectively with performance against plan and scope monitored regularly and a continued focus on ‘buy-in’ and commitment at all levels, effective ongoing stakeholder management, and communication.
- To proactively identify opportunities to support continuous improvement within the department and work with services to realise positive change.
- To continually review working practices for which the post holder is responsible to ensure that the department receives effective and responsive specialist support. This will involve horizon scanning to ensure that innovative and best practice activities are modelled by the team.
- To ensure staff are well led, managed and developed; ensuring their productivity and ensuring that effective arrangements are made for supervision and the training and development of staff, providing equality of opportunity for all employees.
- To work with the Head of Service and Directors across the Department to develop the strategic approach and ensure alignment in future change.
- To be fully conversant with all legislative or statutory provisions and the Council’s key policies, processes and procedures across a range of high profile services.
- To service, prepare and own regular reports and report to the Programme/Projects Management Board, other key Partnership Boards, Scrutiny Committees and Executive Boards as required.
- In all respects to reflect RBKC’s commitment to equalities and customer care and to operate in accordance with the Company’s values, including the completion of Equality Impact Assessments as required.