Team Support and Project Officer
Please read the below job description for further information - and apply by following the link above.
The Purpose of the Role
- To manage day to day internal and external engagement on stakeholder relationships, to underpin the business North Star Vision and our financial services ambitions
- To deliver an administrative service to 3 members of the Financial Service & Telecoms Lead Team and their direct reports. Manage daily enquiries from Post Office internal stakeholders, Partners, Clients and Suppliers. To assist on Projects/whole tasks
- To be effective in this role requires someone who has the ability to forward plan, a strong understanding of business and customer needs, who is able to manage busy schedules, business priorities and work on their own initiative
- Managing the diaries of Financial Services Lead team; including scheduling internal and external meetings, booking meeting rooms, greeting guests when required and organizing refreshments
- Manage and action all correspondence (post and email inbox of Post Office Money Director) responding directly or escalating to the appropriate person or team for action
- Dealing with Telecoms complaints (post and email inbox of the Telecoms Director) and chasing where needed to resolve the matter. Also dealing with the Telecoms Director's general emails when they are on leave
- Assist the Lead Team (the CE's direct reports), with managing their workload, to ensure all urgent and time sensitive issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Assist the Lead team's direct reports when needed in booking travel/rooms and scheduling meetings
- Booking travel & accommodation for the financial services lead team and their direct reports
- Raising purchase orders for the Financial Services lead team and others within Financial Services and Telecoms
- Printing papers and scanning documents for the Financial Services lead team when required, and any other required ad-hoc requests
- Schedule regular lead meetings, distributing agendas when needed, and following up actions
- Setting up the fortnightly huddle meeting and collating presentations
- Ordering stationery and envelopes for the FS department, ensuring levels are maintained at all times
- Ordering laptop's/phone's/equipment for new starters and logging leaver's requests and creating induction plans for new starters
- Resolving issues with the IT Helpdesk
- Reminding Directors of important tasks and deadline
- Arranging events for Directors and their teams when required
- Working closely with the Chief Executive of Financial Services and Telecoms (FST) and the Business Innovation Director and their PA
- Implementing and maintaining procedures and administrative systems
- Using/approving Success factors for all HR related queries including annual leave and sick leave
- Collating and filing Directors' expenses and approving their lead teams requests
- Project Managing and contributing to a new strategy in complaint handling for the Head of Service Management team and owning this from start to finish
- Supporting the FS Operations team in the removal of Traveller's Cheques (TCs) from the system. Double checking all TCs destruction certificates, manually consolidating these and keeping a running log of the amounts destroyed; updating the Excel spreadsheet and submitting to the Operations Manager. Ensuring compliance and working to PO procedures
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- A thorough understanding of the role(s) and methods of working with multiple senior leadership members and their teams
- A high degree of organizational skills
- Previous experience in a similar role, or role that's been heavily admin focused
- Good professional, interpersonal and relationship skills, with the ability to work with different teams/ personalities and adapt to different ways of working
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook and a working knowledge of SAP GUI
- Ability to multitask, proactively manage multiple diaries and be able to prioritise own workload
- Can demonstrate being proactive/reactive to ensure delivery of key stakeholder expectations
- Comfortable working autonomously from time to time
- Ability to work in agile working environment
- Aptitude to learn operational processes as and when the role requires
- Good communications skills, flexible, adaptable with agile thinking, highly organised
- Totally customer focused with a passion to deliver on our business priorities.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- Empathy with Partner, Client and customer needs.
- Ability to liaise with management levels at all stages.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to forward plan and co-ordinate multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and use own initiative
- Ability to work flexible hours when required to assist in late meeting/events
- Ability to remain professional and discreet when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
About Post Office
The Post Office has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 370 years. As one of the country's most trusted brands, we take our commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously. We're the UK's largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide - more than all of the UK's banks and building societies put together.
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That's why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we're improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we.
Securing The Future Post Office's Future
We are working hard to ensure that the next chapter of the Post Office's history is a bright one. We are the current guardians of an iconic business and we want to hand over a thriving network of branches which can continue to provide essential products and services for our customers for many years to come. This is a uniquely exciting and challenging time for the Post Office - we're shaping the future and creating a business we can all be proud of.
Working At The Post Office
Post Office colleagues are the driving force behind our business. Whether they are in our branches or supporting from our offices, we are proud of the energy, commitment and customer focus our people all have in common.
All Post Office people are guided by our three values and behaviours:
- We care by always thinking customer
- We strive to make things ever better through honest challenge
- We commit to decisive deliver
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job.