International Project Manager
Project & Operations Manager – International Consumer Products Creative
This position is within the London division of Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products; VNCP, (part of Viacom International Media Networks).
VNCP is a Global organisation, responsible for the management and development of brands through the creation of consumer products and assets for a variety of kid and adult brands including: SpongeBob SquarePants, Paw Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, MTV, South Park and Paramount.
The Project & Operations Manager sits within the Creative division of VNCP which is called the Global Creative Group.
It provides operational support to the International Creative team. Under the direction of the Art Director and VP International CP Creative, and in collaboration with the Global and Regional creative teams, this person, assisted by agencies will manage creative projects and tasks including: seasonal and supplementary guides/assets and character art, to support product development Internationally i.e. America's (Canada & South America), Asia Pacific and EMEA with some work being for Global /Worldwide ie. USA, use.
This role requires very strong project management skills and the ability to manage numerous projects across the Globe. You will need to understand what it is to work as part of a creative but commercially focused team. You will work closely with counterparts and the New York office and should have excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills. You will also need to have technical understanding of file format and delivery.
Working within the creative team you will need to form strong relationships with the creative heads, it is your role to remove all administrative tasks from their roles so they are able to deliver the best in creative.
- Position sits within the Global Creative Group, numerous locations and is based in London
- Reports to the International Art Director and VP International CP Creative, London based.
- VP International CP Creative reports into SVP Creative, Franchise and Strategy, based in LA.
- The Global Creative Group has a large Project Management and Operations team based in NYC and servicing Globally, this role would be connected to them but on a day to serves to support the VP and International Business.
International Creative Projects - Project Management
- Working with the Art Director/VP, set up and management of critical path for all creative projects including International guide development, as well as other creative projects including character art.
- Lead the routing of all International and some Global creative projects, including collation of feedback from regional heads.
- Communication of critical path to all parties including agencies.
- Holding internal designers, agencies and freelance resource accountable to deadlines and costs.
- Chair regular timeline and design "studio" meetings in London to review creative and update on timings - also be responsible for the scheduling of any other key check-ins.
- Collate ‘summary ‘information of creative rounds for the purposes of informing the creative and business teams on the progress of guides.
- Support International design team as required: saving down assets into shared drives, print outs etc.
- Maintain bi-monthly visual matrix of guide and asset development.
- Manage storage and archiving of assets in development and final assets within internal shared drives to ensure efficiencies are maintained within company storage limits.
- Work with Global Franchise Team, NYC to ensure all creative projects are shared on internal asset management system.
- Accountable for the distribution of creative assets to the Library.
- Managing Production check process with internal and external agencies/teams and dealing with queries as they arise.
- Creation of presentation material for VP of International Creative.
- Manage the Global Bi-Weekly creative call including collation of agenda and notes.
- Contract Management – working with BALA to manage freelance / agency contracts for new vendors.
- Agency Management – working with the Creative team (s) manage Vendor set-up, maintain and update agency ad freelance roster.
- Build relationships with character art team, editorial & legal teams in NYC, to aid with guide development process.
- As required, review guide process and make recommendations to improve and evolve process as required.
- Business Analysis – Working with International team to provide analysis on asset usage to maximise future asset creation.
- Manage the creative budget, including vendor set up and raising PO’s. reporting regularly to VP International CP Creative and flagging any under/overspends accordingly. Meet regularly with the Finance Team to update on spend and provide status reports.
- Ensure all purchase orders are raised, accounted and invoiced in line with Nickelodeon/MTV financial practices.
- Manage the cross-charge and track of spends between London and the central design team in New York.
- Manage the freelance budget and calendar, including liaison of availability with independent freelancers and bookings.
- Manage the relationship between NCR and EMEA Publishing team, act as main point of contact.
- Manage relationship between external agencies developing assets and Int. Publishing team.
- Coordinate payment and legal paperwork for freelance writers and designers working on in-house titles.
- Route, track and collate feedback for all new Int. Publishing assets.
- Communicate new content development and delivery to wider Int. pub group.
- Update the Int. Publishing budget.
- A good level of education and a keen interest in media & arts.
- Project Management at an International/Global level.
- Mac/PC literate; specifically, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Creative Suite
- Experience working in a creative environment,
- Experience working with designers, product development and an understanding of retail
- Working knowledge of creative suite
- Technical understanding of file format and delivery
- Budget management
- Solution orientated
- Organisation and planning
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Relationship building, stakeholder management and diplomacy
Viacom Core Competencies:
- Communicates and Listens
- Builds Relationships
- Influences and Negotiates
- Takes Initiative
- Manages the Work
- Composure and Flexibility
- Acts with Integrity Thinking and Problem Solving
- Develops creative products and solutions
- Judgment and analysis
- Thinks strategically
Management and Leadership
- Communicates effectively with employees
- Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
- Defines, directs and delegates work
- Develops people through feedback and coaching
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
- Flawless Executive
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available at our website.
Closing Date: 22 February 2019