Project Manager Home Office
Join us as a Project Manager in Solihull (Full-time, Permanent)
If you have the appetite to work on issues that directly impact the public and have the drive and determination to play a critical role in enabling change within this exciting role, then read on!
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. We lead on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counter-terrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
Why Join Home Office?
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
Project Managers provide a key role delivering the Home Office Transformation Portfolio. It is large, complex and challenging and encompasses over 20 major and/or mission critical projects and programmes plus four business portfolios of change. There is a strong focus on agile, modular project delivery, supported by enterprise-wide portfolio management and you could find yourself working on a project for the UK's critical national infrastructure through to a complex technology enabled business change programme.
The Role of a Project Manager
Your role as Project Manager is to lead/manage the project and the project team. You will be responsible for driving and overseeing the project's delivery to ensure objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. You will have a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered, enabling benefits to be realised.
You will have, or show potential for;
an awareness of commercial & procurement skills, requirements management, scheduling, budgeting & cost management, quality management, business change & implementation, frameworks & methodologies, assurance, change control, business case development, asset allocation, benefits management and knowledge management, a working knowledge of planning, resource management, risk & issue management, governance and stakeholder engagement.
Typical Role Responsibilities:
- Business Case - Drafting the business case with input from project managers and specialists
- Communication & Stakeholder Management - Develop and maintain communications with project managers and other stakeholders, building effective and collaborative relationships
- Guidance - May be mentored by a more senior Project Manager
- Resource Management - Identify resources to ensure required capacity and capability for successful programme delivery. Undertakes planning, scheduling and estimating
- Risks & Issues - Manage risks and issues, including those that are strategic and politically sensitive, ensuring regular reporting and escalation as appropriate
- Benefits realisation - Work with project leads and Benefits Manager to identify, track and deliver benefits set out in business case
- Programme Performance & Control - Plan and design the programme and proactively monitor and report on its overall progress through the governance framework
- Leadership Vision & Objectives - Deliver stated objectives. Support the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes
- Dependency Management - Map programme dependencies and identify owners, build dependency management into the programme's governance cycle
Additional Specification & Criteria required:
- Awareness of working with ambiguity and culture change
- A working level of knowledge of visible leadership and credible action
- Collaboration & Influencing skills
- Conflict resolution
- Inspiring others
- Resilience and innovation
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aptitude for analysis
- Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance