Millbank are currently recruiting on behalf of our client a skilled and experienced Project Manager to join the Clean Energy team supporting a key nuclear customer, and their Nuclear Fleet.
As a Project Manager you will be part of a large client lead team at Dungeness B Power Station, supporting multiple projects.
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Applying the client project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline
- Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff
- Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment
- Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies
- Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary
- Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form
- Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor
- Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
- Delivering the project in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Implementing and maintaining a competent, effective and efficient Integrated Delivery Team within the clients HR framework
- Minimising the project risks (threats) and maximising opportunities
- Maximising the project efficiency and effectiveness
- Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline
- Proposing, agreeing, implementing and reporting corrective actions to secure the project baseline
- Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, making use of earned value management where appropriate
- Maintaining alignment of the project to agreed outputs and success criteria
- Initiating change control with the Project Sponsor should the agreed outputs or success criteria be impacted by any project changes
- Documenting any post-Gate D activities that the Project Manager will complete
- Disseminating relevant learning opportunities via the Operational Experience system and/or the Lessons Learned system as appropriate
Experience and Qualifications
- Heavy Mechanical/Electrical background
- Site commissioning experience in required
- Nuclear site experience with knowledge of nuclear site requirements, processes and procedures
- Experience of managing contracts and or plant testing/commissioning would be beneficial
- Typically, degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred
- APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent
- Competency: IPMA level C - Knowledge level 5 and Experience Level 4
- The Project Manager must be fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multifunctional organisations; have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
- They must be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
- Mobility when required (within UK)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.