Project Support Officer Home Office
Join us as a Project Support Officer in Manchester (Full-time, Permanent)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. We lead on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counter-terrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
The Role of a Project Support Officer
You will be responsible for providing flexible project support in delivering within the Home Office Transformation Portfolio. It is large, complex and challenging, encompassing over 20 major and/or mission critical projects and programmes in addition to four business portfolios of change.
There is a strong focus on agile, modular project delivery, supported by enterprise-wide portfolio management. You could find yourself working on a project for the UK's critical national infrastructure through to a complex technology enabled business change programme.
Your role as Project Support Officer covers a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the project's objectives. As Project Support Officer, you will enable the smooth running of the project by supporting the Project Manager through the operation of project management processes, and the coordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf.
You will be responsible for;
- Planning & Scheduling- Assist with and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling
- Monitoring & Reporting- Assist in maintaining project controls and in producing project reports
- Administration- Responsible for the project file management using robust version control. Organise key project meetings and provide secretariat support
- Resources- Management of staff as appropriate, including their development
- Stakeholder Management- Assist with maintaining the stakeholder log for internal and external stakeholders. Act as the focal point for project responses to external requests for information
- Financial Control- Assist with the monitor of project spends and contribute to the compilation of budgets. Maintains an accurate asset register for the project
- Risks & Issues- Assist with and maintain risk and issue logs, escalating as appropriate
Required Competencies to perform well in this role
- Planning and scheduling experience
- Risk/Issue management
- Governance frameworks and methodologies
- Stakeholder engagement and assurance
- Good working knowledge of change control and knowledge management
- An awareness of credible action
- Introduction to Project Delivery
- Identifying Customer and Stakeholder requirements
- How Projects run
- Project Planning
- Managing Risks
- Getting it Right: Scope & Change
- Outcomes and Benefits
- Working with Agile methodology
- APM Project Fundamentals
Are you who we are looking for? If you are dedicated, supportive with a tenacious spirit, don't delay in applying.
Successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance