G7 Project Delivery Partner – Portfolio Management Division
Never has there been a more exciting time to join the Office for National Statistics. Its “Better Statistics, Better Decisions” strategy is driving a transformational change throughout the organisation and the Office has already taken huge strides forward to becoming a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation. As part of that, ONS will deliver the first digital Census in 2021 and be a leading producer of online surveys across government and beyond.
This role sits within the Portfolio Management Team. Our Vision is that ONS successfully delivers the right projects and programmes, in the right way and with the right people every time. The focus of this role will be to provide advice to stakeholders at all levels and to develop and embed project delivery (PD) standards and practices. Working in partnership with our subject matter experts, this role combines “hands on” day-to-day PD work with co-creation, strategy development and execution.
You will provide internal consultancy and advice, getting to the route of problems and helping deliver solutions.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
It is essential that you have:
• the ability to develop and implement standards, tools, processes and systems for successful project delivery with the ability to apply these in waterfall, hybrid and agile environments.
• the ability to use analytical insight to identify and develop forward thinking project delivery solutions to help the business make appropriate decisions and achieve appropriate solutions.
• a strong PMO /PPM leadership and delivery background at a senior level, with the experience necessary to mentor and advise at a senior level those in the PPM delivery profession.
• are an expert in interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of establishing and building strong, collaborative and productive relationships across functional and organisational boundaries.
• the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and adverse situations whilst remaining calm, reassuring others and maintaining performance.
• the ability to plan, lead and effect positive cultural change, securing commitment and buy-in and promoting a positive long-term vision. Recognizes when broader culture change is necessary to deliver a project. Qualifications: Hold a valid Management of Portfolios (MoP), Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) practitioner certificate awarded by Axelos and/or extensive experience of large complex projects/programmes.