- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industry.
Sorion is looking for a Project Manager who will be able to deliver our assembly and test solutions to our customer’s needs whilst achieving Sorion targets for timing and budgets.
The main function of this position is to manage, coordinate and control projects in accordance with company standards, commitments and goals.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Prepare and agree with Engineers and Technicians the project plans, timescales, tasks and budgets ensuring sign off from the Management Team
- Plan and manage task/time allocations of internal resource. Target effective loading at 80% value adding capacity, ensuring signposting of likely bottlenecks to the Operations Manager, for alternative solutions to be found
- Ensure Effective communication with, and coordination of :
- Internal Resource
- Sub-Contract Resource
- Material/Equipment Suppliers
- Customer project management and engineers
- Liaise with Customers for on-time availability of free issue items
- Signpost to the Operations Manager any long lead time items or perceived task issues
- Organise regular Contract/Project Review meetings as required
- Maintain a visible project/task status
- Ensure the final contract review/washup is performed promptly
- Support the quotation and order winning process as required
- Validate Customers’ orders with quotation/enquiry information
- Ensure that Engineers and Staff log hours spent on each task (including non-value adding time)
Qualification and education
- A degree in Engineering or appropriate industrial experience and full clean driving licence
- 2 years proven experience
- Knowledge of working in a practical process control and automation environment
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise is important, as the ability to have self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Organisational, analytical, well developed interpersonal skills, numeracy, commercial awareness, communication,
team working, diplomacy, ability to motivate people, management and leadership skills
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Willing to work at the client site and the need to travel within the UK and overseas
- Full Driving license and own car
We are looking for a permanent position and a competitive salary and pension will be offered based on experience.
Sorion welcomes applications from proactive individuals with a desire to further their career.