Senior Project Manager
Adare SEC provides technology-led, outbound and inbound Secure and Essential Communication Solutions to private and public sector clients who need to control the cost, quality, security and efficiency of their printed and digital communications. Adare SEC produces and mails over 750 million secure documents a year for many industries such as the retail, financial, banking, education, government, healthcare and commercial sectors. We have approximately 500 employees and operate from four locations in the UK; Huddersfield (Head Office), Nottingham, Redditch and Guildford.
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (Commutable from Halifax, Dewsbury, Barnsley, Wakefield and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: circa £50k per annum, dependent on experience
Benefits: 26 days holidays per annum, 3% Pension auto enrolment, flexible working
About the role:
To support the business in the implementation of projects into the business predominantly Client facing projects, whether existing or new business, through planning, assessing, organising, monitoring and controlling all aspects of a project lifecycle. This will also involve the motivation, leadership and direction of all involved in order to achieve the project objectives within the agreed time, cost and quality criteria.
This is a senior role and requires a proactive, dynamic, hands on approach. The post holder will be representing the project and the organisation at senior level, inside and outside the organisation. Depending on the size and complexity of the project they will be responsible for one or more project managers. They will operate in a matrix management environment and will work in close cooperation with the functional heads of the technical teams.
Manage and lead a team of project managers. Oversee the teams work to ensure that they are meeting and exceeding our commitments to our clients, delivering work on time, on budget and genuinely making our clients happy.
Oversee and allocate resources across all areas of delivery. Manage day-to-day resources to make sure that the team feel they’re working in a great place. Assist in planning resources and ensuring that the sales team are aligned with teams’ available capacity.
Every position at Adare SEC has its own set of ‘4 Pillars’, statements which describe the key purpose of a role. For the Senior Project Manager, these are:-
Leadership – a trusted leader that creates, guides and develops project teams that have clear goals and SMART objectives, controls risk and delivers change efficiently and effectively.
Class Leading – demonstrating project management best practice, using and tailoring proven tools and techniques within a structured and governed end to end delivery framework.
Collaborative – driving collaboration across all functions of the business to help ensure motivated teams embrace change, are innovative and agile and have a shared vision that delivers client outcomes and Adare business plan objectives.
Strategic – The astute delivery of projects that instils confidence to clients that Adare is their trusted partner and will enable business growth, facilitates insight to new commercial opportunities, develops and drives maximisation of business case benefits and efficiently implements change.
- Agile / PRINCE2 Practitioner Project Manager.
- Substantial experience within a project management role, preferably with a track record of delivering new business wins alongside internal projects.
- Experience in delivering projects in fast paced organisations and can demonstrate ability to transition industries.
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Ability to flex project methodology to support agile delivery whilst maintaining governance and controls.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of project managers / business analysts.
- Possesses a sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, Visio and Projects.
- Identifying how to approach work; prioritising and planning work in an organised manner, with awareness of cost and quality issues; monitoring and measuring work progress.
- Participating fully as a team member / leader, demonstrating commitment and motivation to achieve team objectives and performance targets.
- Identifying and addressing internal and external customer needs and demonstrating a commitment to a world-class level of service in line with agreed standards and measurements.
- Taking positive action to continuously improve business performance and respond to or plan and manage change.
- Demonstrating an ability and interest in continually learning new things, developing own skills and acting on constructive feedback. Developing others to raise the capability of individuals and teams, identifying appropriate opportunities for the achievement and enhancement of potential.
- Using communication and influencing skills to sell ideas or concepts to others both internally and externally.
- Understanding the business goals and how individual contributions contribute to these.
- Technology experience within the print and communications industry is would be useful but is not essential.
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Project Management, Technical Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Secure Communications, etc.