Spencer Clarke Group are working closely with Wiltshire Council to appoint a Head of Special Schools Transformation Manager.
Contract - Full time, Agency contract for a minimum of 3 months which is highly to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Rate of Pay - £440 per day. Potential negotiation on the rate depending on experience.
Purpose Of The Role
This role will lead a significant and complex programme of work to transform special schools in Wiltshire both in terms of improving sufficiency and quality.
The postholder is responsible for a high profile and high-risk programme of work to transform special education specifically in special schools, but also more widely in schools and settings across the county.
You will manage a significant project plan and programme budget and will need to work with senior officers, members and external partners including headteachers and the Regional Schools Commissioner. This programme will have significant impact for teams across the council and have wide impact for the county of Wiltshire.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Leading the closure of the 3 existing schools.
- Leading all consultation and engagement of headteachers, staff, governors, parents/carers, children and young people.
- Project manage the opening of a state-of-the-art special school and centre of excellence.
- Ensure post-16 provision is in place.
- Provide updates, support and advice for senior managers and elected Members throughout.
- In order to be considered for this role you must have:
- Graduate or equivalent experience.
- Qualification and substantial experience of programme and project management (e.g. PRINCE 2, MSP) with demonstrable recent success within transformational change programmes.
- Significant experience working with headteachers, the DfE, councillors, and senior officers, with proven ability to build strong credibility with these groups.
- Significant knowledge of education, especially the special school sector.
- The ideal candidate would have worked as a senior leader within a special school environment, or as a senior advisor on SEND.
- Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated, expert consultant with extensive market knowledge.
Here are just a few of the benefits of working with us:
- Access to a huge range of excusive temporary and permanent opportunities
- Post-Placement Aftercare
- Subsidised training specific to your role
- Free DBS Checks
- Loyalty Reward Scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
- Market Leading referrals of up to £500.
Role: Project Manager
Job Type: Contractor
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England
Apply for this job now.