Human Capital Partners are working with a multi $bn global Healthcare business which is currently undergoing an exciting period of development whereby they are setting up a Project Management Office (PMO) to be based at their corporate head office. The PMO will act as a shared service to support with a variety of cross functional projects. This will increase the impact of the companies programmes by ensuring that projects are delivered to high quality and with maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
The Project Manager will largely support the International team with driving daily activities of projects which will continue to drive and develop international market revenue. The Project Manager will support with all aspects of projects including; planning, managing and delivering projects of moderate to high complexity, including estimating, planning, execution, scheduling, and definition of product functionality. The Project Manager must demonstrate a strong commitment to stakeholder relationships by proactively communicating and taking ownership of risks/issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner.
The Project Manager will posses experience of supporting international projects in a corporate, matrixed environment. PM experience gained in International Healthcare, Insurance or Banking is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports with a variety of cross-functional projects from beginning to end; defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support the UK business in collaboration with business owners, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Works with Business Owner/Sponsor and others as needed, to define project objectives, and other criteria such as timeline, resources, budget, and completion criteria, and document in a project charter.
- Responsible for organising project activities into manageable work efforts for team members and determine an effective approach to completing the work, as outlined in the project plan.
- Works with team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables.
- Proactively manage and identify risks and issues, developing contingency plans ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for tracking risks and issues ensuring their visibility to the team members required to resolve them.
- Author project management documents e.g. project plans, project charters/scope statements, present project updates to business owners and definition of completion criteria.
- Deliver high quality reports on project activities and scope ensuring that key stakeholders and the wider PMO is kept up to date on timeline and project development.
- Support with facilitating change and realising innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Work with the business to ensure that change is driven and accepted throughout the workplace.
- Ensure that project scope is clearly and regularly communicated to the wider team.
- Utilise project management methodology (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2).
- Build strategic working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across all levels in order to facilitate the accomplishment of project goals.
- Work with the team to ensure that toolkits are created when field-based projects are necessary.
- Prepare and/or ensure high quality, professional deliverables as required by each project plan.
- Managing and communicating a clear vision of the projects objectives and motivating the team members.
- Understanding and communicating the definition of completion criteria.
- Organising the activities into manageable work packages for division members and determining an effective. approach to completing the work.
- Resource coordination for deployments.
- Working in matrix structures across multiple product deliveries.
Project Management, Controlling & Reporting Status
- Maintaining assertiveness to achieve goals as quickly as possible.
- Identifying potential scope changes.
- Reviewing quality of work and managing integration of team members’ work.
- Identifying and managing risks and issues to avoid delays.
- Coaching those working on activities to clarify assignments and deliverables.
- Innovating in how projects are delivered.
- Manages communications and internal / external client expectations.
- Prince 2 qualified or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working within a large matrix organisation in an established Project Management Office is essential.
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Experience of working on international projects is desirable.
- Experience in managing small to large, highly complex projects; demonstrating ability to run concurrent projects.
- Previous experience of working on cross-functional business growth and transformation projects.
- Excellent people management and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong vendor management and Stakeholder skills.
PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Project.