Manager, Project Management
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following
- Manage a group with responsibility for project execution, contract compliance, customer satisfaction and financial return for one or more of the most complex and/or large projects
- Coordinate activities and provide technical advice to project participants
- Develop, recommend and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance
- Plan and manage major projects and the analysis of new proposals, requirements and specifications. Coordinate activities, arrange staffing for each phase of project and assign specific responsibilities. Ensure that overall efforts are in concert with Customer and Company requirements.
- Responsible for meeting tight schedules involving multiple projects while ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to Company objectives. Errors typically result in scheduling delays, inefficient use of resources; and may impact customer relations.
- Approve purchase orders for contract materials and services, and approve quality assurance and control requirements.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality information and materials, product quality and field service product performance, responsive to customers.
Review status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure all contract parameters are met.
- Manage project risks to avoid incurring penalties, warranty repairs or other charges.
- Manage and document employee performance and prepare associated recommendations while concurrently ensuring fair and equitable treatment.
- Promote and arrange for training of staff to upgrade their skills and increase the group's effectiveness.
- Ensures that Group and local health, safety and environmental guidelines and directives are implemented and understood to ensure safety of people and resources.
- Ensures (with HR Manager Support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related discipline with and 8 years of professional experience working with Sales, Marketing, Project Management, Engineering; and/or Operations.
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related discipline with 12 years of professional experience working with Sales, Marketing, Project Management, Engineering; and/or Operations.
- Minimum of 2 years managing direct reports with experience in performance management, coaching and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to manage a group, achieve cooperation, negotiate and reach agreement with customers and suppliers.
- Strong technical and business skills to evaluate and solve the most complex technical and financial problems, and to effectively influence senior management and customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.