Business and Project Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager, working for a world class technical engineering company, who are and growing year on year. The role will present you with the environment to realise your potential and grow with the business as well as ongoing support and training on project tools and further qualifications.
As the Project Manager, you will provide focus for relevant business areas within the Manufacturing team, you will develop and maintain associated Demand Management Plans, manage multiple stakeholder interfaces, including multiple Projects and linkage into the manufacturing activities and deliveries through Heads of Manufacture and the PPCM’s.
Part of your role will be to ensure a single, consistent and cohesive view of Programme performance is available to the Project teams through accurate reporting of progress in all aspects of manufacturing performance.
Project Manager key activities
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the Project core teams and other stakeholders.
- Define and maintain the Demand Management Plan (requirement for manufacturing elements of the programme).
- Implement effective project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms on achievement of the programme and budgets.
- Support the development of the integrated schedule, covering in particular the bridge between the end of Product Development and the Production ramp-up phases.
- Ensure Manufacturing budgets & overall Production costs are defined, budgeted, and controlled throughout the manufacturing phase, including understanding of all up spend within the Project
- Manage and control Programme manufacturing estimates at completion including understanding of revenues, cash, margin and areas of competitiveness.
- Prepare and maintain risk and opportunity plans and manage the associated contingency budgets.
- Ensure robust workload forecasts are available for Programme Sector and these are in line with project plans and long-term business plans. In particular, maintain a topical understanding of the SOW relating to manufacturing demand across the business area.
- Ensuring the Master Manufacturing Schedule is aligned with Demand Management Plan and consistent with the overall Project needs.
- Prepare and present reports covering business performance for area(s) of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate interfaces across relevant Projects and their PPCM & Head of Manufacturing interfaces.
- Support the B&PM Executive team on the commercial and legal integrity of delivery with the customer and effective management of the supply base.
- Ensure that all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and compliance can be demonstrated.
- Work as part of the bid team with Sales and Business Development in the winning of new domestic and export contracts.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You will need to be eligible for Developed Vetting (DV) UK Security Clearance (most comprehensive UK government security clearance process).
- Strong project and risk management skills and knowledge.
- Sound business judgement.
- Technical appreciation of complex problems
- Project management experience, covering financial, commercial, engineering, manufacturing and project areas.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to secure a rewarding and challenging project manager role with a company that offers excellent career and development opportunities, a fantastic working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.