Project Planner / Scheduler
BDP require a Project Planner / Scheduler to play a key role within its Multi-disciplinary design team for the Restoration and Refurbishment of the Palace of Westminster and the associated Northern Estates programme. This commission is being delivered under an NEC3 PSC (options C & E). This role is in our project management team within the wider BDP team of over 150 designers at BDP Clerkenwell Studio and co-located with the Employer Millbank. Frequent visits to the Employer offices in Millbank are required, as are periods of co-location with the team, based there.
About the role
The role comprises contract administration duties and co-ordination of the BDP reporting to the Employer including:
- Planning and Schedule management work in connection with administration of out NEC3 PSC head contract and subcontracts for design specialisms
- Manage and produce ‘Programme for acceptance’ under the NEC PSC
- Co-ordinate programme and resources integration and manage output
- Assist with Contractual correspondence
- Support the process of assessing programme effects and assist negotiating and agreeing changes (EWNs, CEs etc)
- Liaise with BDP directors and task leads to monitor the completion of BDP contractual deliverables
- Monitor progress of the service delivery with the team to assist the contractual close-out of task orders and achievement of milestones
- Liaising with task type leads and wider design team to co-ordinate and update the bi-weekly programme monitoring and reporting
- Co-coordinating the project schedule reporting calendar and contributions for Employer and internal reporting
- Analyse programme and resource trends in summary and in depth, advise the Design Management team and suggest actions arising
- Assisting with assembly of sub consultancies
- Attendance of Reporting and Contract Administration meetings with Employer and Sub consultants
- Liaise with Employer planners and project controls functions and advise BDP on deliverability of planning protocols and standards to be agreed
- Contribute to risk registers
- At times of priority, assist the wider design management and commercial team as required with applications, proposals and submissions
- Co-ordinate and contribute to responses to Employers queries on reporting, programme matters
- General support to the BDP core team
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of schedule management within context of the NEC3 PSC
- MS Project and Primavera P6, MS Office, especially Word, Excel
- Data environments/Portals: Conject, ACONEX, Newforma, Sharepoint
- Design team experience preferable
- High standards of logic, dependency, numerical and related analytical skills
- Concise, clear and accurate written and verbal communications
- Collaborative team contributor
- The role requires scheduling-specific knowledge equivalent to a Technical or Business degree and demonstrable experience in delivery of planning and schedule management of projects within an NEC3 PSC contractual context. An APM PQ qualification or similar is advantageous
- This role is open to applicants from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- Ability to achieve the Parliamentary Security clearance
Please note that due to the sensitivity of the project all successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check (BPSS) and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; 3 years UK Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 1000 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible pension allowance, travel allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
To be considered for this role, please visit the BDP recruitment page at www.bdp.com/careers
You will need to complete the online the application form. Please ensure that you attach a cover note and your CV to the application. Please include an indication of your salary expectations.
Direct link to advert: https://careers.bdp.com/project-planner-scheduler/388/viewdetails
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies or third party applications please.