Project Management Higher Apprentice (Level 6)
Raytheon UK is looking for an individual with the desire to learn and enthusiasm to join the Project Management Higher Apprenticeship Scheme in our Weapons business area. This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding and will launch your career in project management. The successful candidate will be assigned a permanent role and will work at our Glenrothes facility. However, visits to other Raytheon UK and customer sites may be required.
As an apprentice you will be fully supported to achieve a BA (Honours)in Business Management at Herriot Watt University (or similar training provider) which will take 4 years. The course requires working 4 days at Raytheon UK and 1 day at Herriot Watt per week; offering on the job training and a university degree. The course will require independent study including online learning, reading, assignments and group projects.
The Business Management course at Herriot Watt is designed to:
- Develop knowledge, understanding and skills related to the principles and practices of management in contemporary private and public sector organisations.
- Develop business and management knowledge to play a key role management of the organisation
- Develop personal abilities including communication, interpersonal skills and prepare for lifelong learning
- Introduce and extend problem-solving, critical thinking and business analysis and modelling skills suited to a wide-ranging management roles
- Provide a foundation of financial, management and business knowledge, to increase the apprentice confidence and skills when stepping into a management role
- Provide experience in analysing business operations, diagnosing problems, problem solving, identifying improvement opportunities and managing business improvement projects
Successful Apprentices Gain:
- SCQF Level 10, BA (Hons) in Business Management
The apprentice will be a member of various multi-discipline programme delivery teams and will play a key part in the successful delivery of our diverse range of complex programmes on-time and within budget. You will gain experience in:
- Understand how programmes are managed and how the businesses operates
- Risk and Opportunity Management processes and identification
- Supporting project managers with analysis of trend data to support effective decision making and the associated provision of metrics for project reviews
- Working with the customer to establish requirements
- Understanding and monitoring of key performance metrics
- Exposure to the company’s product lifecycle development process
- Work with multi-disciplined programme teams
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in. 135461