Commercial Transformation Project Manager
My client, a Central Government Department, is transforming Corporate Services aiming to create a more efficient, effective and unified way of managing their supporting and enabling services for over 2,000 people working across the group.
Staff from multiple agencies have been consolidated and the new function is now seeking to reorganise to enable a step-change in delivery capability and output, and to deliver the advantages enabled by consolidation.
This role provides exposure to strategic decision making and the opportunity to lead on cross-cutting projects with autonomy and responsibility.
This role will enable you to gain insight into a range of corporate issues across the department, work closely and learn from senior leaders and take responsibility and lead on a wide range of initiatives which will have significant impact on the way the Department’s commercial activity will be delivered in the future.
• Lead on various corporate priority pieces of work for the Transformation programme
• Develop and maintain project plans, RAID logs and other project administration and ensure that they are kept up to date
• Ensure that projects have clearly defined and achievable deliverables that support Transformation programme objectives
• Ensure project risks are actively managed, including the development of mitigation or contingency
• Work with the programme manager to ensure that interdependencies between projects are effectively managed, synergies between projects are identified and exploited, and duplication of work is avoided
• Maintain and deliver a stakeholder engagement plan for all projects
The Commercial Transformation Project Manager will maintain and deliver a stakeholder engagement plan for all projects and ensure projects have clearly defined and achievable deliverables that support Transformation programme objectives.
You will be able to build sound, high level knowledge of the business as well as be adaptable, calm under pressure, able to handle a range of issues with diplomacy, discretion and a can-do attitude.
You will also be motivated by achieving high-quality outcomes and will have great soft skills and be able to build excellent collaborative relationships across the Department.
If the above fits your experience and approach I would love to hear from you.