Full time, part time and flexible working will be considered (Full time 37 hours per week/Part time minimum of 30 hours)
We are looking for a Project Manager who knows how to define and deliver change to join our Programme Management Office (PMO) at the Wellcome Sanger Institute, which is a world leader in genome research. The Institute is based at the Wellcome Genome Campus, home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale, and imagination to solve some of humanity's greatest challenges.
This is a great opportunity to lead a range of cross functional projects including IT, Digital, Procurement, Finance, HR, Facilities and Science to deliver change that supports our scientific mission. You will identify process and operational issues, work with people to define a better way of working and use the most appropriate approach to help them implement the change. You will be responsible for end to end project management and delivering sustainable change, involving successful planning, collaborating, reporting and implementation. Additionally, you will contribute to and help shape the wider project management community across the Institute, using a common framework and methodology.
You will be:
- Flexible, professional, proactive, positive, resilient, resourceful, tenacious
- Someone who leads by example and takes ownership of problems
We are interested in hearing from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Consistent track record of leading and implementing change, with demonstrable knowledge of change management methodologies
- 5+ years of end to end project management experience
- Demonstrable record of success in delivering a number of complex projects through others on time, in budget and to agreed quality standards
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile development methodologies and product management concepts particularly in relation to digital projects
- Ability to quickly understand scientific, technical and process challenges and break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Good leadership and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence and collaborate closely with people at all levels successfully
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application
Closing date: 22nd April, 2019