Project Manager - Product Design - Leading Mayfair Gallery /High Profile Artists
A leading design gallery is looking for a Furniture Project Manager with technical knowledge of furniture construction and project management skills to join our design / furniture production team.
The role will involve the development and management of high quality limited edition/ bespoke furniture and interior products. Overseeing all stages of the design from development drawings, model making, quoting stages to the project management of the final fabrication and finishing of the pieces.
Having prior experience in the production of high end/luxury furniture of various materials would be highly beneficial.
Desired skills and experience:
- excellent communication skills are also of the utmost importance
- fluency in English is a must, a knowledge of other languages would be beneficial (French, Italian)
- proven experience in a similar role
- knowledge and ideally experience of a variety of fabrication and finishing techniques.
- be computer literate (PC) with experience in 2D and 3D CAD skills (Rhino and Adobe Creative software)
- ability to multitask, and project manage the production of numerous limited edition / bespoke furniture pieces, of different scales and numbers.
- working to develop samples and presentational templates for the sales dept of the gallery
- interpreting sketches and drawings from artists into technical designs and working models and prototypes.
- ability to oversee the quoting stages of various projects to produce production sheets and production schedules for upper management to understand the cost and lead time of the new and ongoing pieces.
- liaising with other departments, eg marketing, logistics, and sales, and presenting results to management
- planning work schedules: checking and coordinating fabrication timescales, resources, and production information for promotion and marketing
- organising international and domestic transport and delivery of furniture and sculptures
- preparing care instructions and installation instructions for a wide range of projects.
- experience in furniture quality control – to be responsible for the condition checks and quality control of pieces and all necessary administration work surrounding the condition of the pieces.