• Responsible for working with project sponsors to ensure project briefs are fully defined with clear business rationale, objectives and success criteria before projects are initiated.
• Identify, communicate and manage project dependencies and risks.
• Work with team leads to translate project requirements into specific work items with clear acceptance criteria.
• Work with team leads to accurately estimate delivery dates and key milestones.
• Create and maintain project plans, milestones and timelines to set and manage the schedule.
• Identify project roles and responsibilities and secure required project resource.
• Lead, motivate and instruct members of your project team who may be geographically disparate, to complete tasks.
• Monitor progress against the project schedule to ensure projects are kept on track and report any conflicts or issues.
• Work collaboratively with marketing stream heads, Project Managers, and other internal teams to drive delivery within the agreed timeframes to expected standards.
• Liaise with the relevant Project Manager/Product Owner where a piece of work is tied to an IT project in the Program Office.
• Ensure roadmaps, timelines, status reports, etc., are kept up to date and communicated to delivery teams.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying and communicating risks.
• Track and mitigate risks and issues throughout projects.
• Confidently update progress to project teams, sponsors and stakeholders, verbally and written.
• Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, and that quality standards are met.
• Report on project progress and ensure key metrics are in place to measure the success of a project.
• Analyse project data in order to inform future business decisions.
• Compile retrospective comments at the end of projects.
Ability / Expertise
• At least 3 years direct project management experience, online and ideally offline.
• Experience gained from a Creative/Advertising Agency would be beneficial.
• Ideally experienced in working with geographically dispersed teams.
• A good working knowledge of recognised project management framework, particularly Agile, Waterfall and/or Prince2.
• Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and/or Confluence is advantageous.
• Excellent, all-round communicator.
• Energised, pro-active and detail focused.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types, and strong relationship builder.
• Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
• A proven team player with a flexible approach.
• Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and delivering end-result.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
• Passionate about driving and delivering change and continual improvement.
• Ability to balance a wide variety of projects with varying deadlines.
• Project Planning
• Risk and Issue Management
• Agile Process Management
• Time Management
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Educated to degree level.
• Professional project management qualification desirable, but not essential.
This will be a busy role in a team so the successful candidate’s behaviours will need to strongly aligned to our values:
• Champion the client: customer service is a passion, cultivates trust, has clarity and communicates well, works with pace and momentum
• Lead the way: innovative and resilient, strong learning agility and curiosity
• Love what we do: Conscientiousness - has high self-discipline, carefulness, thoroughness and organisation, Flexible and adaptable