We are a specialist company providing a bespoke fireplace collection to high end residential clients and commercial properties across the UK and further afield. Since opening in 1986, we have risen to be the leaders in our industry.
Based out of our design office in Finchley Central in North London, this is a busy and varied role that crosses the critical areas of this unique business: pushing the project from concept,through planning, to execution and completion.
Ideally suited to a highly organized, hand on Project Manager from an Engineering or Construction background who is happy to work in a small business environment, and someone that is looking for,and happy to have,responsibility.
As a small business we can offer great flexibility, a varied role and an opportunity to get involved in different areas and facets of the business. There will be a degree of travelling involved, mainly around the UK but also abroad (to a lesser extent).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of the fireplace installation, including the planning, the execution and the completion.
- Manage and work alongside the fitting engineers on site to ensure projects are completed and fulfilled smoothly.
- Conduct detailed site surveys to link into the design, and the installation plan of new projects.
- Liaise with builders, architects, designers and customers ensuring projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with the fabricators to order the fireplaces to ensure a successful manufacture and delivery.
- Liaise with suppliers to order other parts needed for a project.
- Manage the Junior CAD Technician
- Manage stock levels and the storage room.
- Strong Project Management experience, including use of project management tools / systems
- Is able to demonstrate strong experience in a technical background (Design / Engineering)
- Site experience needed
- Hands on approach; prepared to put in the effort and hard work to make the things actually happen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Full and clean driving licence
- Must live in London or within a commutable distance
- Management experience
- Degree level in design/engineering/technical subject
- Project Management qualification
- Practical knowledge of using power tools and ideally metalwork
- Basic knowledge of building materials
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD 2D, Sketch Up and the Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial
- Own car