Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
A Technical Project Manager ideally with experience within Higher Education is needed to join one of the largest and most diverse universities in the UK on a 6 month contract. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of upgrading the Universities two core corporate systems, Agresso Business World (ABW) to version 7 and Kinetics to the latest release.
This is a 6 month contract position to start mid April 2019.
With over 120,000 students in London and a further 50,000 studying across the globe our client is an established educational institution renowned for excellence and its world class reputation. To ensure the smooth running of the University Business Systems they now require a Technical Project Manager to cover the upgrade of their core systems.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of the upgrade project as well as detailed activities and tasks required to deliver the projects to a successful outcome. The role will encompass pre-project activity to ensure the project is set up on strong foundations and will oversee the delivery of projects to quality, budget and time constraints.
The Technical Project Manager will provide leadership and oversight of the project team and will allocate tasks to team members, oversee their delivery and be accountable for the quality and timeliness of the task. They will identify, evaluate, record and communicate the risks to project delivery and implement procedures to avoid or minimise their impact. They will work closely with Business Systems colleagues and end users to ensure that disruption to users is minimised and that once the upgrade is complete the support teams are able to manage the system. They will also be required to undertake some Business Analysis in relation to how we use the products and what elements need to be tested.
To qualify. You should be an experienced Technical Project Manager / Business Systems Project Manager / IT Project Manager / Business Project Manager / Project Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Previous experience of upgrading an ERP system, preferably Agresso Business World (ABW);
- Significant experience of technical project management experience, with technical knowledge and a willingness to get involved;
- Experience of delivering a project from start to finish with the ability to resolve issues when the project goes live;
- Experience of undertaking business analysis as part of previous roles;
- Experience of upgrading multiple systems (essential);
- Good Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work closely as part of a collaborative team.
Experience within Higher Education in a similar Technical Project Manager position is desirable to be considered for this Technical Project Manager role