HR Project Manager - Contract
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Human Resources team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Project Managers plan, mobilise and direct project of high complexity, scale from definition to closure. They are responsible for the end to end planning and delivery of projects proactively balancing scope, schedule, budget, risks, team, outcomes and benefits.
They will be responsible for deploying HSBC Project Management Framework and other Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) within their projects. They work closely with stakeholders to ensure alignment of their projects with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
Project Managers manage change through projects which are established to deliver a specific outcome, on time and on budget. The projects will typically have a clearly defined output, fixed start and end date with a well-defined development/delivery path. Project Manager is required to lead the change initiative, support strategic decisions, operate at an executive level and manage stakeholder and sponsor relationships. Project governance must be implemented, including clear ownership, tollgates and working group. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He / She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive project management skills and experience of managing large and complex projects
- Excellent stakeholder communication and interpersonal skills; Able to articulate a complex issue in a digested and instinct manner to senior leadership
- Prior experience of running large projects across multiple locations with either phased or bundled deployment schedule
- Multiple strong examples of the delivery of on time and on budget that achieve business case stated outcomes - a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- Practical experience of major business transformation with large scale project management experience
- In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects. Strong business acumen in financial services and capability to quickly digest and analyse a complex situation and provide solutions
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitor and market
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of Business Transformation Frameworks and best practices
- Ability to work as both: a team player and an individual contributor
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.