Digital Project Manager
The UK, Northern & Eastern Europe Cluster (“UKNEE”) Digital team is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, operations and commercial success of Viacom International Media Networks' (“VIMN”) digital portfolio in the region. Primarily, this consists of AVOD apps and websites. There are ambitious growth plans for the next three years, supported by a number of initiatives across the brands and territories.
This role sits in the newly-created Programme Management & Delivery team, which is responsible for ensuring the UKNEE Digital development roadmap is planned and implemented to achieve the business’s commercial, strategic and brand objectives.
The Project Manager will lead on designing the roadmap, resource requirements and timeline for a wide range of projects across the team. They will be responsible for managing the resources that comprise the agreed programme of work during development, ensuring the delivery of high-quality applications into the testing/QA process and through to launch.
A priority area of focus is on Channel 5’s VOD and OTT portfolio, and the application development required to grow Channel 5’s commercial and strategic position in the UK market. Across the rest of the portfolio (MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr), the Project Manager will support the Product teams in the UKNEE Cluster and VIMN NY to manage delivery schedules, and ensure resources are coordinated.
The Project Manager works with a broad range of teams across Channel 5 and VIMN more widely, including Broadcast Operations, Media Technology Services, IT and Viewer Enquiries - as well as with the other teams within the UKNEE Digital Group: Product & Service Management, Quality & Operations, Solutions & Platforms, and Publishing & Partnerships.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Director, Programme & Delivery in managing the UKNEE Digital project roadmap, ensuring timely updates and communications to all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Defining, evolving and upholding standards and processes that assure project delivery, according to an Agile methodology
- Ensure appropriate resources and budgets for projects are secured and approved
- Manage key projects to deliver into the testing process according to delivery standards, working with internal and external team members
- Work with other Project Managers (internal or external) to ensure that work is being delivered according to agreed standards, processes, objectives and stakeholder expectations
- Management of 3rd party software development agencies
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in a project or programme delivery role within Digital Media, preferably dealing with broadcast, SVOD or other long-form premium content
- A track record in successfully delivering complex software development projects involving outsourced development teams, according to clear standards and processes
- Strong knowledge of Agile development processes and experience in Agile projects
- Experience in project management tools
- Strong budget management and cost control experience, ensuring that all investment is focused on delivering strong return for the business
- First-class written and verbal communication skills
- Infectious passion for media and consumer insight
- Highly numerate
- Passionate about using data to inform decisions
- Able to look beyond numbers to interpret and transform key research findings into usable tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive and hard working, with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Proactive and goes the extra mile
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and keen to learn; able to ask perceptive questions
- Strong collaboration skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available at our website.
Closing Date: 18 April 2019