Youth Projects Consultant
7 days left
- Full Time
The Premier League is looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager on a fixed term 12-month consultancy agreement to lead on the delivery of key projects for the Youth department. This role will be responsible for all aspects of project management within their area and will work collaboratively with the Coaching, Education, Elite Performance and Youth Operations functions. The role will also require the management of key relationships with the other stakeholders within the professional game to help deliver a world leading youth programme that produces more and better home grown players. The purpose of the consultancy is to manage projects during the initial 12-month period and deliver against agreed aims and targets. The key objectives for this period are the continued development and implementation of the Premier League’s Learning Management System (LMS) and the delivery of a bespoke system to support a new academy audit process.
Who we are
The Premier League is home to some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. The League and its clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world. The Premier League brings people together from all backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in over 1 billion homes in 189 countries.
We have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include organising the competition and its Rule Book as well as managing the centralised broadcast and commercial rights. The work we do in conjunction with the Clubs also goes far beyond the 90 minutes. We support and provide a framework for youth development, we protect the organisation’s intellectual property, support the wider game and community programmes, undertake international development work and liaise with governing bodies and other leagues.
- Lead on the design, development and implementation of two key projects:
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Academy Standards Application (ASA).
- Work closely with staff across all Premier League Youth functions to deliver key project objectives
- To develop a sound understanding of relevant programmes including:
- Pre-16 education provision
- Scholar education provision
- Elite Heads of Coaching (EHOC)
- Elite Coach Apprenticeship Scheme (ECAS)
- Elite Academy Manager (EAM)
- Professional Game Academy Audit
- To manage project relationships with clubs, key suppliers and stakeholders
- Lead on the requirements gathering, planning, delivery and testing of new development work
- Maintain a clear project plan and roadmap for projects
- Facilitate the delivery of online learning modules through LMS on HR, coaching, education, legal and safeguarding.
- Create effective training and support programmes for internal and external users
- Ensure that key project information is recorded, analysed and disseminated as appropriate
- Support on elements of other Youth projects as required
Requirements for the role
- Strong project management experience
- Background in implementing IT systems
- High level stakeholder management skills
- High level emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with education / audit software
- High level communication (oral and written) and organisational skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings
Nice-to-haves for the role
- Experience of working in an elite sport and/or learning environment
- Understanding of the principles of elite development in a football environment
- An education/pedagogy role
- Possess a full driving licence
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. The closing date for applications is 29th April.
Apply for Youth Projects Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly