Senior Project Manager
The British Museum, one of the world’s leading museums, is seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead on a variety of exciting cross-
departmental projects. With management responsibility for a small team of Project Managers, you will support with programme-
level project planning across the department and oversee project progression.
Key areas of responsibility :
- Line manage dedicated Project Managers within the department
- Lead on multiple concurrent projects by taking responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of projects, actively participating in all relevant phases of the project and identify, assess and manage risks and issues
- Support the definition and writing of project proposals and business cases for presentation to the appropriate governance bodies
- Ensure that own projects are formally delivered, closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured
- Monitor and control allocated human and material resources, associated revenue costs and all capital costs against the project budget
Person specification :
This role would suit someone with demonstrable experience of managing the entire lifecycle of diverse or complex projects and who possesses a PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM qualification (current or expired), or equivalent experience.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of managing external suppliers and budgets for projects and / or programmes.
Line management experience would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will be able to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and effectively motivate a team.
You will be confident in chairing meetings and managing your work successfully to meet set deadlines and high standards.