- Full Time
About the Team
The Project Management team sits within Softcat’s Programme and Project Management function and engages in customer facing projects. The project manager plays a crucial role in the customer’s end-to-end engagement with Softcat. You’ll be working in a team of project managers, programme managers and project coordinators, as well as with the Professional Services team and the Resource Desk.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be managing infrastructure and services projects for Softcat’s customers. This role will require primarily working for one of our South East London based customers, working from a mixture of the Softcat London office and client site.
You’ll manage the development and delivery of the solution to meet the customer’s business needs, working with multiple services teams, aligning the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll work closely together with Project Managers and support them on large projects underlying a large customer project.
- You’ll take responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of small to medium scale projects
- You will identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project
- You’ll ensure that realistic project plans are maintained and ensuring regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use (mainly waterfall)
- You’ll ensure quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure
- You will manage the change control procedure, ensure that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off
What we need from you
- You’ll have a demonstrable background in running similar scope and size projects, ideally within a comparable organisation
- Excellent project management skills
- You’ll enjoy working collaboratively, have an open-minded approach, a focus on excellence and thrive in a genuinely people centric company
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualified (or hold an equivalent project management accreditation)
- A strong understanding of the IT industry is advantageous
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.