Senior Project Manager
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that everyone else is doing their job properly. makepositive is a Partner based Consultancy and as such the Project Manager must work with the customer to develop strong relationships, based on a detailed knowledge of the outcomes they are trying to achieve. The Project Manager acts as the escalation point between the project delivery team and the client’s business stakeholders. Through developing these relationships, the Project Manager is able to illicit, communicate and ultimately manage or mitigate in an effective manner: progress against plan/budget; issues and risks to delivery, stakeholder expectations; changes to design or scope. The Project Manager plays a crucial role in enabling the makepositive team to achieve its goal of delivering innovative, high quality solutions on time and to budget.
The Service Delivery Community at makepositive is responsible for all aspects of Salesforce implementation solution delivery including business strategy, change management, project/iteration planning, documentation of business and technical requirements, development, testing, deployment, training and support. The Senior Project Manager role is pivotal to the success of this function and to makepositive overall.
- Work with clients very early on in the engagement to agree the requirements and the critical success factors of the project.
- Define the baseline project plan (including Sprint Planning and Team Planning) and ensure that this is updated and communicated as the project progresses.
- Ensure that there is a real time view on project progress by ensuring that:\
- Delivery is recorded in the defined system e.g. JIRA, Kimble
- All team members have access to the system and are fully trained in both usage best practices what they are personally responsible for updating.
- Identify, document, assess (in collaboration with appropriate parties), communicate and effectively manage/mitigate all project issues and risks.
- Contribute to Pre-Sales and Sales as appropriate to support Commercial Bids, ensuring a rigorous review and robust estimates are fed in.
- Provide timely project reporting and facilitate ‘Show and Tells’ for Client Stakeholders and/or the Client Project Board including status, issues and risks.
- Have a deep understanding of the project scope and manage both stakeholder expectations and any required/agreed deliverables beyond this, in an effective manner
- Manage the change control process ensuring that changes to existing requirements or requests for additional requirements beyond the original scope are identified, documented, impact assessed, estimated and communicated appropriately.
- Manage project resourcing and associated project costs being mindful of anticipated project margins and the makepositive goal to always produce quality deliverables to time and budget.
- Assume the role of the Scrum Master within the project delivery team and always comply with makepositive’s standard Ways of Working for a Project Manager.
- Contribute to the further development of the Project Manager Practice and bring best practice and experience to the table, developing less experienced colleagues.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of managing Salesforce (SFDC) projects and other SAAS platforms
- Experience of large multi year projects as well as smaller quick start projects
- Experience with Middleware technologies (Dell Boomi, Mulesoft etc)
- Experience with data cleansing, mapping, loading tools and processes
- Cross functional process knowledge (Marketing, Sales, Service, Order Management, Billing)
- Energy and resilience - self starting and a completer finisher
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prepare and maintain clear and accurate documentation to assist a project
- High attention to detail
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- A rounded individual with an inquisitive, but pragmatic approach
- Open and transparent reciprocal communication style
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong coaching skills
- Sensitivity as much of the information available to all members of the IT department is absolutely confidential and that confidentiality must be maintained rigorously
We value every human being's unique perspective. Come be yourself with us at makepositive!
''We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.''