Project and Support Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
Macmillan Education provides world class content in the most relevant, engaging and flexible formats to support students, teachers and institutions through a lifetime of learning. Macmillan Education produces content for English Language Teaching (ELT) and for Schools curricula around the world whilst Palgrave Higher Education develops and distributes textbooks, e-books and interactive e-learning resources primarily for University-level students.
Project and Support Coordinator, 12 month FTC
The Chief Product and Marketing Office (CPMO) and general management team at Macmillan Education are currently seeking a bright and capable Project and Support Coordinator to work with the Project and Support Manager to provide high quality support on a wide variety of projects aimed at improving the efficiency of different departments.
This role will work closely with the Administration team, in building an effective administration framework, with some opportunity to provide personal assistance support to senior staff. It will also liaise closely with the HR team on a number of HR related processes.
The Project and Support Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, managing schedules, actions, risks, issues and mitigations, maintaining project documentation and handling project related queries. This role will suit an organised individual with strong pro-activity and attention to detail who would like to gain project experience in an administration environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Project and Support Manager on project work; preparing comprehensive action plans, coordinating project schedules and meetings
- Documenting key decisions, minutes and actions from meetings, and follow up with action owners
- Cataloguing of content, ensuring quality and consistency in catalogue structure, visuals, descriptions and tagging
- Working closely with subject matter experts and managing the update process of the catalogue
- Support the development of the administration framework, contributing to improving the efficiency of the department
- To support the creation of current state workflows of all administration processes in order to analyse and improve the process where necessary
- Supporting the development of best practices, how to guides, on boarding and training documents, gathering required inputs and pulling them together into a consistent set of material
- Develop a network of key internal stakeholders and external contacts to gather information about process, procedure, and facilitate change where required
Our ideal candidate will have the following the skills/knowledge/experience:
- Highly organised with the ability to manage time and projects effectively
- Ability to organise and manage stakeholders
- The ability to manage a varied and demanding workload and set job-related priorities
- Able to work well under pressure: maintaining quality of work and positive attitude with colleagues
- Analytical skills
- Good general systems and database awareness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, specifically MS Excel
- Experience working in a busy deadline driven environment
- Able to work autonomously and with a pro-active attitude Experience of working with an environment run according to highly structured procedures
- Experience of managing and implementing procedures – Desirable but not essential
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.