Digital Project manager
We’re a team of technology experts who specialise in creating enterprise web apps for a better, more productive workplace. We truly believe that meaningful and memorable products are best delivered by small, cross-functional teams, where regular collaboration and support helps to forge trusted friendships.
User-centered design plays a major part in our approach; it’s not just how it looks, it’s how it works. It’s this philosophy that provides the foundation for everything we ship.
To learn more about what we get up to, take a look at our blog page.
Day-to-day you’ll work closely with both our production team and our customers, helping understand project requirements, facilitate workshops, balance requests, and monitor when and where the team are available for production. A key part of your role will be ensuring projects run inline with expectations and budgets.
Our projects are very diverse and will provide the opportunity to learn a wide variety of emerging technologies, engaging with both software, and on occasion, its hardware counterpart. As we move towards the second half of the year you will have the opportunity to mentor new team members as we continue to expand the business.
Who we’re looking for
The role would suit someone with at least one year’s experience as a project manager in a digital agency, or someone who’s looking to move into project management from account management or a similar agency role.
You’ll be comfortable speaking directly to our customers and know how to eloquently manage expectations. You’ll be comfortable and confident in directing the production team when needed.
You will have a basic understanding of web technology and how it works, and you may have completed a few online courses in Agile or Prince2, or be part of a project management club. You’ll know about and use resources such as the digital project manager and will be happy to share everything that you learn.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in scoping project requirements (e.g. creating a product backlog)
- Experience in monitoring, managing and delivering projects
- Experience in organising, running and leading meetings
- Experience in monitoring and managing efficiency and budgets
- Experience in managing multi-skilled teams
- Experience in managing customer requests and expectations
- Experience in scheduling teams and workloads across multiple customers
It would be great if you have:
- An understanding of scoping web technology projects
- An understanding of quality assurance (QA) prior to release
- Experience in leading teams and delegating responsibilities’
- Experience with account and project management tools and procedures
- The appetite for investigating and refining methodology and process
It would be absolutely ideal if you have:
- Experience in creating and developing workshop schedules
- Confidence absorbing and analysing customer requirements
- 24 days holiday plus an additional 1 day per year of service beyond the second year
- Flexible working, Wednesday’s are generally a work from home day
- Bi-annual JAMs hackathon, a four-day workshop to build your own ideas
- Bi-monthly show and tell events for industry awareness
- An annual personal development budget of £1,000
- MacBook Pro with admin rights and the software you need
- Regular company lunches, drinks, and our summertime party
- 9:00 to 5:30 is our normal working day, we don’t ask for overtime!
- Salary range £30k to £35k
How to apply
As well as your CV, we’d love to see some samples of your work or anything that shows off your strengths and interests.