Butterfly Banks Project Manager
Do you love London's wildlife and want to help ensure it flourishes in the future? London Wildlife Trust is recruiting a Project Manager to oversee the successful delivery of Brilliant Butterfly Banks an ambitious, innovative new two-year project funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery through the Postcode Dream Trust. This will seek to address the decline of chalk grassland habitat, and associated butterfly and invertebrate fauna, through practical nature conservation, cutting-edge environmental DNA science, traditional monitoring techniques, and an engagement programme to get local people excited about this precious habitat.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to take the lead in ensuring that the project successfully transforms land on the southern edge of Croydon into a chalk grassland ‘Living Landscape’ alive with butterflies and wildflowers. This project is being run in partnership with the Natural History Museum and Butterfly Conservation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent project planning and management skills;
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working and developing new partnerships with a range of stakeholders;
- Managing staff, ideally working across multiple sites and/ or in remote locations;
- Rigorous financial and budget management skills, and an ability to identify opportunities to secure resources to benefit the project;
- Experience of managing contractors and of liaising with landowners;
- Excellent communication skills, with an enthusiastic, tenacious and positive ‘can do’ attitude and a creative mind set
- A passion for making a difference for wildlife.
London Wildlife Trust manages nature reserves across the capital that are exemplars of urban conservation land management and which greatly benefit the local communities that use these sites. The Trust delivers projects focusing on protecting priority habitats and wildlife species in London and works to influence policy makers to support this work.
The Trust engages London’s diverse communities through access to our nature reserves, volunteering programmes and education and outreach work. To understand more about our plans ahead, read our strategic plan: For a Wilder City 2015 – 2020 here
Closing date: Monday 20 May 2019 9:00am
Provisional interview dates: 31st May & 10th June 2019
Provisional start date: July 2019
To apply, please send a completed Candidate Details Form and Application Form firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced DBS Check is required for this role. London Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunities employer.