Junior Project Manager
With the ever-changing Facilities Management industry, it is important that the employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you would like. G4S FM offer a wealth of experience and progression opportunities.
As a leading Facilities Management company G4S FM improves the lives of millions of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
G4S FM operate across four key sectors; Secure Environments, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We provide integrated FM services across a wide range of environments, including: Cleaning Solutions, Security, Catering, Hard FM, Carbon & Energy Management, H&S & Compliance as well as Office Services. We run large TFM contracts and provide FM services in secure environments, prestigious buildings, utility plants, health settings and head offices.
We have an opportunity for a Junior Project Manager to join our team in Poplar, London, working as part of our contract with Tower Hamlets Schools. As Junior Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing support for the delivery of the lifecycle program across the London PFI Portfolio of Contracts.
Main Duties as a Junior Project Manager:
- Management of the contract variation process in line with the contract FMA, SLA, company policies and other compliance requirements.
- Management of quotations to ensure we provide costs including Capital Costs, Recurring Maintenance Costs, Life Cycle Costs and any associated FM Costs, whilst demonstrating Value for Money.
- Ensuring that appropriate consents and authorisations are obtained prior to the commencement of works and completion.
- Approval of RAM’s and Method Statements prior to work commencement.
- Project Management of Contractor from site induction, to practical completion.
- Manage and maintain the variation record management process.
- Attend and support all variation meetings as required by the Contract Manager.
- Ensure sustainability issues and opportunities are addressed initially during the works identification stage and are reported on throughout the time of a variation.
- Ensure all variations are delivered in accordance with H&S, environmental, quality management and commercial requirements.
- Providing the contract management teams with regular management information for the production of monthly reporting.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information for individual variation.
- Raising of Purchase Order to the approved variations.
- Prepare and raise all revenue billing documentation for allocated contracts.
- Raise Sales Invoices relating to variation and other income for approval and posting to Great Plains.
- Manage debtor account by liaising with G4S shared service credit control.
- Review and provide commentary on all aged debt and unrealised variation income.
- Assist the Contract in generating appropriate income streams.
- Assist the Finance team in reconciling Debtor accounts, Accrued Income.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Higher Education Engineering background
- Ability to travel to the East End of London
- Driven, passionate, enthusiastic
- Excellent people skills and ability to work well as part of a tea
- Experience of working on PFI contracts
- Commercial awareness