Junior Project Manager
Save the Children International are currently recruiting a Junior Project Manager for 12-month fixed term contract in our central London offices.
This role will be responsible for managing a key Project or work stream within the programme portfolio. This person will be responsible for establishing project management practices, utilising relevant methodologies, managing relationships with key stakeholders, and drive continuous improvements in efficiencies and delivery. The role will also incorporate the management of business analysis, change management and business partnering with specific work groups.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Track record of successfully managing a workstream within a large and complex projects and programmes or smaller projects across both software development and infrastructure activities
- Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and projects practices and standards (SCRUM, and others like Prince2, etc.)
- Proficient demonstrable skills in managing and reporting complex projects within a Portfolio Office/PMO structure
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
- Comprehensive management and influencing skills with experience of working with senior level executives
- Ability to resolve issues swiftly and decisively whilst safeguarding standards and procedures
- Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line
- Excellent customer service orientation and follow-up skills
- A technical understanding of IT infrastructure and technology development / deployment preferably in web/cloud based solutions
The salary is £41,000 - £46,000, plus a benefits package including a contributory pension and 30-days of annual leave plus public holidays.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.