Assistant Project Manager
Kier Local/Strategic Highways are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join our Surrey Council.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Engage with the Client to advise on buildability, traffic management and other areas of Engineering input during the ECI stage
- Assemble and maintain a mobilisation programme detailing various constraints and how they are overcome for each Scheme.
- Engagement, involvement of Supervisors during Scheme pre-construction phase to utilise their knowledge and expertise in the pre-planning stage, and to allow the Supervisor to gain understanding of the works ahead of Construction.
- Liase with proposed supply chain, establishing working methods and anything that needs input or changes by the Client or designer along with anything which needs to be planned far in advance.
- Raise requests for road space Permits. Monitor and give further information during the process of agreeing roadspace.
- Review Works Information (PCI, STATs, drawings and specification) provided by the client to ensure complete and coherent information has been provided by the Client/designer for the scheme.
- Write the Construction Phase Plan and assemble the Site Safety Pack. This contains all information, PCI, drawings and proposed safe work methods for each individual scheme. The Project Manager or Assistant PM is responsible for writing and assembling this and passing the File to the Supervisor ahead of delivery.
- Review Supply chain proposed working methods (in the form of Method statements and Risk Assessments) to check conformance to Kier Standards and general Safety Regulations
Skills and experience required:
- HNC/HND, degree or diploma qualified (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline
- SMSTS qualification & Relevant CSCS card for the grade
- Awareness and understanding of the CDM 2015 Regs.
- Experience in working with Temporary Works, or TWC qualification
- NRSWA qualification
- Knowledge and experience of determining suitable traffic management for various types of works
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.