About Our Client
Our client works in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all their services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. Working for our client can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. They want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Their work includes;
- Providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- Providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- Campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
How would you like to join our team to hit the ground running?
Our client is enormously proud to have been named the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon Charity of the Year!
This is an incredible opportunity for them to kick-start a movement of change and take a huge step towards greater inclusion for people with a learning disability.
As part of this partnership, they will launch All Move, a 2-year inclusive sports project in schools for people with and without a learning disability aged 11 – 16, commencing September 2019. The project will bring together young people of all abilities on an equal level, to learn new skills and try out different physical activities as a team.
600 young people across the country will work together to complete 26 hours of physical activity across a school year (one hour per week). Through this experience, they will learn to positively support each other to achieve a goal and will develop confidence to interact with people who are different to them. The project aims to build self-esteem, teamwork, and communication skills, setting young people up for the future.
Are you an organised, energetic and highly competent Project Manager (PM) with experience of managing effective projects? Our client is looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running and take a pro-active approach to driving the project forward. The PM, who will report to the Senior Development Manager (SDM), is responsible for:
- Leading the design and delivery of the All Move project, including line management of the Senior Project Co-ordinator (SPC)
- Providing matrix support to colleagues in regional teams
- Leading your team to understand deliverables and outcomes, budget, and key milestones
- Managing the recruitment of schools, engagement of students and delivery of project outputs across multiple locations – you will be required to directly manage at least two of these areas
- Maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; an ability to manage these relationships is core to this role
- Tracking and managing the plans, budget and resources and escalating any risks or issues to the SDM
- Working collaboratively so that the team understands their objectives and are supported to deliver
- Leading and liaising with teams on all aspects of the All Move project including communications, reporting, and evaluation
- Managing delivery of local events and activities to bring people with and without a learning disability together, and to challenge negative attitudes in a fun way
- Supporting fundraising colleagues and the wider programme board to keep them engaged, sharing positive stories and case studies
- Working with the Impact and Evaluation team to make sure we are compliant with all policies (e.g. GDPR) and really understand our impact
- Actively contributing to wider planning and project development
Please note: the role requires extensive travel across the UK, and some evening and weekend work to align with events and meetings as required – the time accrued can be taken back within a month.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our clients’ employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join a Pension Plan where the organisation matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of our client’s Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary, death in service, live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through the YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract