Join us as a Business Analyst with the Home Office
If you have the appetite to work on issues that directly impact the public and have the drive and determination to play a critical role in enabling change, we want to hear from you.
Why join the Home Office?
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
We need to boost our business analysis capacity: to achieve this, the post-holders will provide a key link between current and future business models, supporting and enhancing delivery on large scale and/or complex projects and programmes. The right person for this role will have a proven track record of business analysis, including in agile environments, with the ability to translate strategy and end-to-end business design into detailed outcomes relating to change initiatives.
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. Leading on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counter-terrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
The Role of a Business Analyst:
Your role as a Business Analyst is to understand and analyse both user and business needs. You will ensure the outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models, delivering to the business architecture.
You will challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose. You will facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
Typical Role Responsibilities:
- Requirement gathering – Drive the research and gathering of business requirements against those articulated for the project determining the need and value of performing the activity based on the context
- Process modelling – If required, employ a range of tools and techniques ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ business processes
- Gap Analysis - Evaluate requirements against the “present state” (where we are) and “target state” (where we want to be) and identify opportunities to develop successful business requirements needed to make the transition
- Impact Analysis – Analyse the potential consequences of a change and estimate what needs to be modified to accomplish that change and focus on scoping changes within the details of the overall project design identifying potential stakeholders
- Benefit Analysis - Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of identified benefits analysis and lead on identifying business-related actions that will assist with project delivery
- Stakeholder Management & Engagement - Engage with business owners, business change leads and users to ensure delivery of common purpose
- Facilitation - Work with business owners and business users to identify needs
- System Analysis - Coordinate the work of systems analysis to ensure business needs are translated into solutions against identified time lines and work with technical leads to ensure business needs are translated into the technical solutions
- Assurance & Quality - Apply recognised methodologies and audit test and quality gates
- Traceability - Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process
- Business Improvement - Coordinate the work with Business Improvement teams and the identification of BAU enhancements and their solutions to ensure that defined project benefits are delivered
- Business Solution Design – Engage with policy and strategy to ensure business systems, workflows and processes contribute to target operating model
- Delivery Products Tools & Documentation - Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process by producing/assisting with: frameworks; application of methodologies; operating model; functional specification; user cases; user stories; UAT plans and strategy; entry/exit and/or no/no go criteria; defect analysis; forms and templates; guidance; business case
Additional Specification & Desirable Criteria
- An awareness of Planning, Risk & Issue management, Quality Management & Change Control
- A working knowledge of business case development, benefits management & knowledge management
- A practitioner level of experience of requirements management, solutions development, business change & implementation
- An awareness of visible leadership
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Inspiring others and culture change
- A working knowledge of credible action, collaboration, influencing, conflict resolution, resilience and innovation
- APM Practitioner
- APM Project Management
- Agile Project Management Practitioner
We are especially keen to hear from applicants displaying a strong background in regulatory financial services, law enforcement, or experience working with the Civil Service.
Although if this role is advertised as full-time, we are happy to promote part-time pattern and flexible working arrangements. Please speak to the Recruiter if this is applicable to you.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.