IT Project Manager
This position will provide Client support for all Project delivery from small one or two days Projects through to entire systems migrations and Client on boarding exercises.
In addition to staying abreast of industry trends and best practices, you will provide reassurance to Clients during Project delivery with a clear understanding and awareness of the technical implementations and changes being carried out by the delivery teams.
He ideal Project Manager will be a technical Project Manager who can thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment while maintaining a professional and composed demeanor.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Direct Project Management of allocated Projects
- Ownership of Project Delivery utilising Services resource
- Produce and/or accept Statement of Works as suitable for Project Delivery
- Ensure successful handover from Project Delivery to Support
- Manage product availability in order to manage Client expectation and ensure overall Client satisfaction.
- Set Project budgets
- Manage Project issues, stage boundaries and changes
Project Manager Job Summary
- Expert in Project Management and Project delivery within IT environments.
- Extensive experience in running concurrent multiple Projects, including performing as a Technical Project Manager.
- Extensive experience of producing and maintaining all Project related documents including (but not limited to) Highlight reports, Risk Logs and Lessons learned.
- Close liaison with Sales and Logistics teams regarding procurement for each Project.
- Demonstrable experience in successful Project Delivery, preferably within a reseller or Managed Service environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Desktop and Server infrastructure and an understanding of the challenges in its delivery.
- Firm grasp of risk management/mitigation and its control in order to successfully deliver Projects on time and to (or under) budget.
- Work closely with other teams to provide accurate, timely cost and budget information for all Projects.
- Help to shape and then deliver the clients Project Management methodology utilising Best Practice.
- Actively participate in the operation of change management within the Project environment and consider impacts (at all times) in the delivery of said changes to the Project scope, systems and service.
Project Manager Required Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant role
- Financial Service experience preferred.
- Current Project Management accreditation e.g. Prince2/Agile
- Experience of interpreting business requirements and considering the impact on IT services
- Demonstrable experience of producing / completing Projects and documentation often in very aggressive timescales
- Broad knowledge of IT and how it is successfully deployed in a business environment
- Understanding of core networking technologies inc. TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, VLAN, switch management, down to fibre, copper and general cabling
- Understanding of virtualisation technologies inc VMware, HyperV, Xen, ESX, replication, SANs
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems (E.g. AD, Exchange, Group Policy, SharePoint, SQL)