IT Project Manager
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Our COO IT Application business group is looking for proactive, experienced candidate with technical understanding about the application landscape to join their new team as an
IT Project Manager
The overall objective for this position is to have a strong candidate ensuring successful project execution and delivery in the Group function application landscape. The current application landscape is in front of significant development and and standardization requiring candidate with the right mindset to understand which application development activities leads to transformed and renewed landscape by utilizing the latest available technology to foster refresh of the new innovative application landscape. To be successful in this role the candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to review the requirements with a critical mindset to secure latest solution design fitting the overall Enterprise architecture. The candidate is expected to be able to ensure all business requirements are managed appropriately and deliverables are implemented on time and within budget. The candidate must also be able to manage changing priorities. multiple stakeholders and needs to be able to translate requirements to solutions together with Application service designers. Needs to be able to propose, create and define solutions best fitting to the business problems/needs and ensures that solutions are analyzed and planned properly. Supports creation of feature, architectural and solution documentation.
The candidate should ensure all parties involved in project(s), both internally and externally, are fully aware of the requirements with dependencies and the correct project controls, milestones and reporting tools are present at all stages of the project.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
Maintaining all relevant project documentation throughout the project lifecycle (MSProject Online), provide required updates on progress in relevant steering forums
- Delegate tasks and priorities as needed. But ensure accountability until project closure
- Follow up, align and execute on project costs related activities and ensure work is done within budget.
- Modify/adapt Project Management Plan for specific projects
- Lead regular status update calls on program as required in addition to steering team meetings
- Organize project meetings, reviews and update
Manage risks and changes as required.
Manage dependencies with other projects / programs.Set up corrective action plan to manage risks mitigation.
Set up corrective action plan to manage risks mitigation.
Manage tactical contingency and risk plan
Manage/provide issue resolution within Nokia
Provide regular status reports to joint project team as well as joint management team
Respond to scope creep by immediately escalating modifications to the project scope
Provide the necessary Project Metrics
Work closely with project stream leaders to ensure transformation plans and processes are in place
Participate in the preparation of and leadership of Steering Committee Meetings
Ensure appropriate change management and business process management approaches and control mechanisms are deployed to ensure sustainability of implementation
- 5-7 years of scrum/project management and deployment experience with medium sized programs - up to 5m Euro's
- Experience in working with Agile methodology / DevOps environment
- Proven knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, Data management, MsAzure Analytics/Power BI, BO or Software development projects
- Functional knowledge of applications in HR, Quality, Real Estate or Legal area
- experience in web-based software development and software deployment processes
- Provide technology strategy planning
- Integrate information technologies into the company for optimal effectiveness
- Understand current and future business goals and ongoing IT issues to ensure business success
- Develop a renewal and upgrade schedule for company software programs
- PM certification
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, i.e. O365, Azure, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of financial terms and concepts to support IT Governance documentation/business case
- Expertise in Application lifecycle management
- Expertise in Application harmonization/streamlining of landscape
- Expertise in Application project management
- Excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills
- Languages: English required
- ICT Technology knowledge, trends & direction
- Industry, Market & Technology Understanding
- Information security understanding
- Application / solution architecture understanding
- Self-confident, strong problem solving
- Ability to work with and communicate to a variety of audiences, executive level/peer-to-peer/ subordinate/ technical and non-technical etc.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast-paced environment we’d love to hear about you! Submit your resume and cover letter online today.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.