Procurement Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
manage the 3rd party proposition of Philips towards its customers in long-term strategic partnerships. You build a connection between sales and procurement and focus on services and solutions on a global level.
The ideal candidate should perform well on stakeholder management with key stakeholders in various domains such as Sales, Supply Chain and International Project Management. Besides impact on savings, there is also an impact on margin and revenue. You will deliver added value by bringing the entire Procurement network to the equation, especially by cooperating with Commodity Management. Professionalization of the processes and co-operation models in relation to this spend is also an aspect of your challenge
You are responsible for
- Being a single point of contact towards the sales team and be an integral part of the bid team for a customer project.
- Establishing procurement related needs and requirements for a customer project and develop the 3rd party proposition as the bid team matures the sales lead towards a won deal.
- Identifying, qualifying, ranking and selecting appropriate suppliers including adequate involvement business/commodity entities and according to RFQ
- Managing the vendor evaluation, selection and RFQ process to support the project team in the tender phase / quote phase (early involvement), considering, costs, quality, installation, training, warranty, and lifetime service costs.
- Leading the negotiations and the process with the assigned supplier ensuring lowest total cost of ownership to support the profitability objectives for projects in the markets
- Ensuring cost control, flexibility, quality, delivery and long-term assurance of procurement objectives within the supply base are established and achieved
- Developing the business case on the 3rd party proposition taking into account costs, revenue, margin and risks
- Securing compliance of the supply base to Philips policies and carrying out relevant risk management assessments
- Developing tools, methods and ways of working to develop procurement involvement in the commercial process
- Acting as a global expert and train/coach local procurement professionals in how to act in long term strategic partnerships with customers.
You are a part of
the global commodity team for 3rd party products and services. These products and services are sold to care providers together with our Philips imaging systems. The commodity team consists of 13 specialized commodity leaders that work closely together with business units and commercial organizations to manage the sourcing process and drive savings. You will be based in Eindhoven and report to the Global Commodity Cluster leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum Master Degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of procurement experience; results oriented with a proven track record
- Project management experience - end-to-end ownership
- Experience in solutions selling
- Experience in medical devices industry is a strong advantage
- Working experience in a matrix organization of a multinational company; Strong networking skills
- Structured, analytical yet creative approach
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.