Senior Project Officer (multiple roles)
4 days left
- Full Time
Want to lead on projects to achieve the Mayor’s strategies for economic development, skills and employment?
The Greater London Authority is recruiting a number of Senior Project Officer roles within a range of teams within the Regeneration and Economic Development, and Skills and Employment Units.
The Senior Project Officer roles will lead on the development and delivery of projects and programmes in order to achieve desired outputs and outcomes within agreed timeframes, within budget, to specification and operational standards.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of programme and project management and control techniques, including project planning and appraisal, financial and performance analysis and management, risk management, issue resolution and evaluation.
Along with a track record of developing, managing and delivering large-scale high value projects and programmes in complex organisations, and successfully delivering results on target and within budget. You will also have experience of research and analysis and be proficient in using a range of IT software including project management packages.
Core technical requirements
- Experience of delivering large projects in complex Organisations or Environments
- Evidence of using strategic analytical skills to support project delivery, including using performance management frameworks to implement and monitor successful delivery
- Well developed IT skills and experience using financial and/or project management systems and processes
- Experience of producing high quality reports and papers
Core behavioural competencies
- Building and Managing Relationships - developing rapport & working effectively with a diverse range of people, sharing knowledge & skills to deliver shared goals
- Communicating and Influencing - presenting information & arguments clearly and convincingly so that others see us as credible, articulate & engage with us
- Problem Solving - analysing and interpreting situations from a variety of viewpoints and finding creative, workable and timely solutions
- Planning and Organising - thinking ahead, managing time priorities & risk and developing structured and efficient approaches to deliver work on time and to a high standard
These roles are based in London, either at City Hall (SE1 2AA) or Union Street (SE1 0LL)
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan and a career average pension scheme.
To apply you will need to provide evidence of your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to specific application questions. The core technical requirements and behavioural competencies will be assessed at interview for shortlisted candidates.
If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process, then please contact a member of the recruitment team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference DEE001.
To apply, please visit our website.
Application closing date: Monday 1 July 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.