At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an AKQA Project Director, you will be responsible for the overall direction and management of projects (project values exceeding £1m), ensuring consistency with corporate strategy, consistency of process across projects and client satisfaction.
- Work with both Client Services and Project Management to structure projects from the outset.
- Provide qualified guidance/consultation to Client Services and Project Management inform and demonstrate best practice, etc.
- Communicate the progress of projects to the Head of Project Management.
- Ensure satisfactory liaison with AKQA clients and other teams at project level.
- Monitor overruns and work with the business to reduce them.
- Support Account Directors and others to share our delivery process with clients.
- Lead project delivery and be responsible for delivering projects on time, within budget and to quality.
- Monitor project costs and timeframes against budgets and milestones, proactively managing exceptions to ensure delivery to quality and plan.
- Work with Project Managers to identify, manage and mitigate project risks and issues, ensuring effective mitigation and risk strategies are fed back to the Delivery team.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate experience of managing a multi-disciplinary delivery function within an environment implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- Experience of delivery of distributed development projects across multiple geographies advantageous.
- Experience of adapting a delivery process to that required by a client.
- Detailed knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Lean, XP, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of waterfall approaches such as Prince2, DSDM or PMI.
- Possess knowledge and confidence to debate with clients regarding merits/drawbacks of projects/work-streams being delivered.
- Strong organisation skills – responsive to colleagues for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with peers and external staff, able to achieve results despite potentially difficult circumstances.
- Make sound commercial/financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions and manage customer situations.
- Work well under pressure with an objective-focused and positive approach; comfortable working independently, self-motivated.
- Strong customer service ethos – committed to quality with the will to constantly drive improvements. Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.