Client Side Project Manager - Office Refurbishment
- Manage our exciting new office refurb project
- New, full-time, two year contract role based at our National Office in East Melbourne
- Competitive and negotiable salary package available, ASAP start
Are you an accomplished project manager with experience in running commercial fit out projects? Do you thrive on a challenge and enjoy transforming spaces? If this sounds like you, then don’t miss out on this opportunity to help us revamp our East Melbourne head office.
As our Client Side Project Manager, you will take primary responsibility for project managing the refurbishment of our East Melbourne office. You will ensure that all project scheduling is kept on track and that the project is delivered to the highest possible quality standards.
You will be responsible for:
- End-to-end project management
- Managing trades, coordinating full project scheduling and reporting financials as required
- Building strong and effective relationships with stakeholders with open and constructive communication throughout
- Ensuring organisational policies, procedures and practices are implemented, complied with and are relevant – particularly in relation to OH&S/WHS requirements and legislation
- Coordinating the logistics of potential staff moves whilst refurbishment work is being undertaken
- Managing the project budget in conjunction with the General Manager – Finance
With a strong project management background, you will have exposure to implementing office refurbishment projects, preferably within the $5-10M range. Importantly, you will understand the impact that a refurbishment has on people and will be able to effectively coordinate and consider any movements of staff during work periods.
To excel in this role, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience at liaising with and dealing with legislative requirements on building codes and local government/council requirements during construction
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills across the organisation and with co-tenants
- Strong stakeholder management
- Demonstrated experience in MS Project or other project management software skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
For a copy of the position description please visit https://www.racgp.org.au/the-racgp/careers/position-descriptions
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a high-profile health and education organisation where progressive leadership, innovation, integrity, collaboration and accountability is valued. Benefits of working at the RACGP include easy access to public transport, access to our employee wellbeing program, additional leave over the Christmas and New Year period and discounts to a large range of retailers.
The RACGP is a winner of the Employer of Choice Award from the Australian Business Awards. The Employer of Choice Award recognises achievement through effective recruitment, engagement and retention of staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter expanding on your skills and experience.
Applications close AEST 11:55pm Sunday 23 June 2019
Suitable candidates may be contacted for an interview prior to the closing date, so don’t hesitate to apply!
Applications are only open to applicants with full working rights in Australia.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a National Police check. Please note that applicants with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, people who identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, mature age and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
We respectfully note that we will not be accepting agency enquiries for this position.