Infrastructure Project Manager
IT Project Manager - Infrastructure Project Manager - Infrastructure delivery, Prince 2/APMP, City of London
To develop and maintain a 'best of breed' IT operational services, this market leading globak insurance entity requires and IT Project Manager to lead some key work within IT. This person will initially manage a number of key IT change projects such as:
Reporting to the Central IT Portfolio Manager, the Project Manager will work closely with the team to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Effectively apply standard project methodology (based on PRINCE2), enforcing standards and production of appropriate documentation in support of the project lifecycles.
- Demonstrate strong communication to the Project Board, especially when committing to deadlines or setting expectations.
- Manage project budgets (including tracking and reporting on team hours and expenses on a weekly basis).
- Identify resources needed for projects, gain agreements on resourcing and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the projects and their scopes.
- Review deliverables produced by the team before passing to other areas internal or external to IT.
- Manage the exposure and risk on assigned infrastructure projects.
- Ensure that all project designs conform to the standards of the Infrastructure/Solution Architects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key staff in other teams within IT.
- Manage the provision of services from third-party infrastructure services suppliers as per project demands
- Encourage more junior members of the department to take responsibility for managing small pieces of work/projects.
Minimum 10 years experience of managing complex infrastructure projects (£500k - £2M) in the finance space.
- A proven track record of delivering a range of significant IT projects (network, storage, server etc.).
- Have a knowledge and experience of the financial services sector.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of having a strong impact and influence on key decisions, being able to influence stakeholders at various levels in an organisation.